• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012: Stage Profiles and Analysis

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
tdf04_13_016.jpg

contador-noval-efe--644x362.jpg

Why he was part of US Postal train and Contador personal guard is a huge mystery to me :rolleyes:

Kwibus said:
Bad decision imo. He should really ride a GT.

If you ask me he overexerted himself at the beginning of the season. He did a lot of races and training sessions. Went from nowhere to winning in Sarthe and top 20 in the Amstel Gold Race in april.
Then he had to skip the giro because of a knee injury, which is most of the time an injury caused by overtraining/racing.
But after a small rest period kept doing a lot of races. Tour of Norway, Bayern + Suisse... but it went from bad to worse in that period.

Pretty sure he's too eager and did too much and burned himself out in the first 4 months of the season.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Arnout said:
AG2R LA MONDIALE (FRA)

1 - ROCHE Nicolas (IRL)
2 - BELLETTI Manuel (ITA)
3 - BOUET Maxime (FRA)
4 - GADRET John (FRA)
5 - GEORGES Sylvain (FRA)
6 - KADRI Blel (FRA)
7 - MONDORY Lloyd (FRA)
8 - NOCENTINI Rinaldo (ITA)
9 - RIBLON Christophe (FRA)
R1 - GASTAUER Ben (LUX)
R2 - CHEREL Mikael (FRA)
R3 - LEMARCHAND Romain (FRA)
R4 - PERGET Mathieu (FRA)

Official line-up:

BOUET Maxime
GADRET John
GASTAUER Ben
KADRI Blel
MONDORY Lloyd
MONTAGUTI Matteo
NOCENTINI Rinaldo
RIBLON Christophe
ROCHE Nicolas

http://www.cyclisme.ag2rlamondiale....-detail.asp?id=1066&ret=index.asp&saison=2012

Nice to see they are not punishing Roche for switching teams

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
What is really remarkable is how the Vuelta is able to come up with an almost pancake-flat stage in Galicia. It's like finding a 500-pound white Ethiopian.

They really do have a talent.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Kreuziger is not riding the Vuelta (its probably posted somewhere), Astana is doing a "Birdsong" and won´t let him get the WT points. He´s gonna ride in Utah instead.

CAS won´t ride for Saxo bank either, he´s set to ride San sebastian and then Canada. Saxo says the team selection on their website for the race is final.

Alberto Contador
Jesús Hernández Blazquez
Rafal Majka
Daniel Navarro Garcia
Sérgio Paulinho
Bruno Pires
Nicki Sørensen
Matteo Tosatto
Benjamin Noval :mad: why not Mørkøv!!

Strong team for the mountains (if they all in form), can´t wait to see what Majka can do, hopes he recovered from all his crashes the entire season.

Hope they have better plans for Michael if he not gonna ride Vuelta, the Canada races would suit him perfectly.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:
What is really remarkable is how the Vuelta is able to come up with an almost pancake-flat stage in Galicia. It's like finding a 500-pound white Ethiopian.

They really do have a talent.

If the wind blows and there are echelons on the way to Mirador de Ézaro like last week in Burgos I'll be thankful of Unipublic talent :D :p

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
icefire said:
If the wind blows and there are echelons on the way to Mirador de Ézaro like last week in Burgos I'll be thankful of Unipublic talent :D :p

Oh, I know there will be wind for sure (my wife is from that part of Spain and I've ridden my bicycle around the area many times, mostly in the summer). Once you turn the Monte Louro corner you're at the mercy of the Atlantic ocean.

Wind will be a big factor that stage. As well as the bumpy pavement going up to the Mirador de Ezaro.

There will be blood.

Señor_Contador said:
Oh, I know there will be wind for sure (my wife is from that part of Spain and I've ridden my bicycle around the area many times, mostly in the summer). Once you turn the Monte Louro corner you're at the mercy of the Atlantic ocean.

Wind will be a big factor that stage. As well as the bumpy pavement going up to the Mirador de Ezaro.

There will be blood.

Sounds good to me. Now let's hope it will happen as well.
Echelons are always fantastic to watch imo.

Kwibus said:
Well that's the point of The Hitch. Last year Anton lost a lot of time once they reached the Basque country so he was allowed to get into the break and won the stage with an impressive ride.
Now it's the first week so he they won't let him go.

That's my point, in the last week he will be leading, so no breaks for him anyway.

TRENDING THREADS