• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012 : who will win KOM, Points and Young rider classification?

I suppose Moncoutie will go for the KOM again.

He might have some competition from Froome, Contador and Purito i guess.

Might a sprinter or a climber get the sprint jersey?

Any idea who the young riders are who participate?
I think of Uran and Henao since they were in this category in Il Giro?

Will be difficult for Moncoutie to win kom when most of the mountains come near the end, so cant hoover up so many points with repeated breaks and the likes of Contador will be up there taking mountain points day after day with podium finish after podium finish (9 podiums out of 21 stages in 2011 Giro for example),

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Contador and purito will take it all.

I think most of the times GC-riders will also ride for the victory on a mountain stage (because of katusha and euskatel) and if that happens pretty much everything for Contador and purito lol

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
(9 podiums out of 21 stages in 2011 Giro for example),

Thinking about it, that was pretty impressive.

I think he was 2nd 4 times and he could have won all those stages if he wanted to (maybe not the queen stage). Maybe even the last TT if he really wanted to.

Now that's domination GB lol

Miburo said:
Thinking about it, that was pretty impressive.

I think he was 2nd 4 times and he could have won all those stages if he wanted to (maybe not the queen stage). Maybe even the last TT if he really wanted to.

Now that's domination GB lol

Actually sorry, it was 8 not 9.

Stage 8 - 2ndafter attacking on hill behind Gatto
Stage 9 - Contador blows rivals to ashes on Etna
Stage 13 - Contador puts breaks on so Rujano can get a win
Stage 14 - Toys with Nibali until Anton gets stage win, then flies away
Stage 15 - Leads home heads of state seconds after the 2nd of the breakaway riders, Garzelli, comes in
Stage 16 - wins time trial
Stage 19- leads out Tiralongo and takes 2nd.
Stage 21 - 3rd in tt (despite celebrating last km)

That 4 in the middle is just insane.

TRENDING THREADS