• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017, Stage 5: Benicassin-Ermita Santa Lucia,175.7 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

TMP402 said:
For some reason I thought it was Rosa working on the climb not Moscon, but then again I thought it was Moscon leading Froome up the final climb on Stage 3 and it was apparently Nieve.
Rosa led first, and on stage 3 it was Moscon pulling, Nieve just got back up to the front to pull after that.

Re: Re:

Vasilis said:
TMP402 said:
For some reason I thought it was Rosa working on the climb not Moscon, but then again I thought it was Moscon leading Froome up the final climb on Stage 3 and it was apparently Nieve.
Rosa led first, and on stage 3 it was Moscon pulling, Nieve just got back up to the front to pull after that.

True. That's what I recall as well. Moscon is so valuable for Froome atm.

The camera works in the Vuelta, from year to year since I watched, is a constant reform to any editing and story telling technique known to human. Especially when having to deal with scattered breakaway groups with big time gaps from the main peloton, or uphill fast race in twisted short climb (which almost what it is all about), they often lost their way completely, showing the bend, or nothing at all, waiting from someone or some group to arrive at the empty spot then cut away. When you tuned in late, it's even worse. Wonder why. Who are these guys behind it?

Re:

gunara said:
The camera works in the Vuelta, from year to year since I watched, is a constant reform to any editing and story telling technique known to human. Especially when having to deal with scattered breakaway groups with big time gaps from the main peloton, or uphill fast race in twisted short climb (which almost what it is all about), they often lost their way completely, showing the bend, or nothing at all, waiting from someone or some group to arrive at the empty spot then cut away. When you tuned in late, it's even worse. Wonder why. Who are these guys behind it?
We couldn't see what was happening as Froome attacked at the bend. Luckily we had Kirby there to make up what happened, saying that Contador couldn't live with Froome's attack :rolleyes:

JRanton said:
rick james said:
where are the story about froome getting flat from? is it a case of sky weren't at the front so folk have put 2+2=5

I watched the footage back and he was just not in a great position coming into the climb. No flat.
it was raised earlier in the thread when we seen how tight the roads to the climb were it going to be a fight to get in a good position at the start of the climb, maybe sky messed up the approach

bob.a.feet said:
gunara said:
We couldn't see what was happening as Froome attacked at the bend. Luckily we had Kirby there to make up what happened, saying that Contador couldn't live with Froome's attack :rolleyes:

Haha, really? For the first time ever I regret sticking to other channel and missing his show.

Pharazon said:
portugal11 said:
JRanton said:
portugal11 said:
Froome had a flat tyre

Is this true?
It was missing a "?". It was a question

well, when they started the climb almost the whole of Sky were no where to be seen, but the camera work was so crap and with Carlton f**king Kirby doing to commentary who the hell knows what was going on

Kirby should just shut up when he can't see anything, useless.