• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017, Stage 7 :Llíria to Cuenca 207 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

gunara said:
johnymax said:
gunara said:
portugal11 said:
Alexandre B. said:
Slovenian cycling is really good at the moment.
Why?

Don't think these are their best years either, or at least only on par with five or six years ago
Right now is easily the best time of Slovenian cycling. I've read Slovenia is the only country beside Italy who has a stage win in all three GTs this season. The best part is that the riders that have produced those results are for the most part still young and have the best years still ahead of them.

How about 2010? Spilak 'won' Romandie, Brajkovic won Dauphine, Bole was 2nd in Poland, and they were quite young, too.
I was not talking only about this year but I was thinking more with a look towards the future. But you are right. Those riders were young back then and the future looked bright. The 2017 and 2010 seasons are comparable.

pastronef said:
gunara said:
Bol, the climber, the leader, riding for a Colombian team, yeah I know he lives somewhere, it's a young team, he's done this before, etc., but still, how weird. It's just plain weird, not even clinic-weird.

he lives in Girona. and it´s not weird. he played his chances both today and 2 days ago, and almost got the jersey. Sky can´t catch all the breakaways, and I´m glad of that, as a Sky fan.

I picked Bol for my fantasy team several years ago when he was a young hopeful. He scored me a grand total of 0 points. I'm glad to see him being successful, but it's strange after all these years. Maybe he's just got his act together, it does happen.

johnymax said:
johnymax said:
Strong break. Mohorič for the win :cool:

:cool:

I think I'm 2 out of 2 in my bold predictions this season. I predicted the stage win for Roglič in the Galibier stage. Well I also predicted his win on the next stage to Izoard, but it was more of a joke so doesn't count :p

What an absolutely stunning performance by Mohorič today. He attacked many times on the flat, rode the whole climb in front and then a great attack on the descent. Wow! I've been waiting long for something similar from him on the big stage. He's still only 22 and when he get's even stronger, he'll be so much fun to watch.
So be nice and make it 3/3 by predicting Tibopino to win the GDL ;) .

Mohoric had been flying under my radar...wow! He's a heck of a rider. Big heart. Hats off to him.

johnymax said:
I was not talking only about this year but I was thinking more with a look towards the future. But you are right. Those riders were young back then and the future looked bright. The 2017 and 2010 seasons are comparable.

Hope these new bunch will fulfil their promises. Lots of prospects, but I always worry about them, that's why I am really happy with Mohoric today, like I was with Polanc in Abetone. Roglic is different though, he just got there before I had time to worry about him :)

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

johnymax said:
Well Mohorič used this particular style in the juniors back then.
I intentionally said since 2010 since Sagan did not really ride road bike races before that.

But the point stands. There is nothing unique about a rider knowing how to handle a bike. They are not that many in today computer-based peloton, but it is not unique.
Besides, discussing Kirby "products" is not really worth the characters spent.

Mohoric rode a good ride and has a great future ahead.

Also Majka "gained" another 7 minutes. Good to see the team being realistic. Now we can expect some fireworks shooting for stages.

Tonton said:
johnymax said:
johnymax said:
Strong break. Mohorič for the win :cool:

:cool:

I think I'm 2 out of 2 in my bold predictions this season. I predicted the stage win for Roglič in the Galibier stage. Well I also predicted his win on the next stage to Izoard, but it was more of a joke so doesn't count :p

What an absolutely stunning performance by Mohorič today. He attacked many times on the flat, rode the whole climb in front and then a great attack on the descent. Wow! I've been waiting long for something similar from him on the big stage. He's still only 22 and when he get's even stronger, he'll be so much fun to watch.
So be nice and make it 3/3 by predicting Tibopino to win the GDL ;) .

Mohoric had been flying under my radar...wow! He's a heck of a rider. Big heart. Hats off to him.
Well those were homer calls with realistic chance of happening. I like Tibopino but I doubt he'd be my homer pick. Maybe he can be my [Kirby mode on]"cheeky side bet"[Kirby mode off]. We'll talk about this in October :)

gunara said:
pastronef said:
gunara said:
Bol, the climber, the leader, riding for a Colombian team, yeah I know he lives somewhere, it's a young team, he's done this before, etc., but still, how weird. It's just plain weird, not even clinic-weird.

he lives in Girona. and it´s not weird. he played his chances both today and 2 days ago, and almost got the jersey. Sky can´t catch all the breakaways, and I´m glad of that, as a Sky fan.

yes, in reality it's not that weird, because we saw how it's done, he got dropped yesterday anyway, but if I had not followed in say two years, and suddenly I saw Burgos and today's result, I wouldn't believe my eyes.
apparently he dropped 6kg in the last year and changed his mentality. He was riding on talent before, now he realised it needs hard work as well.

Still nothing eye catching as he was dropped by the strongest from the break both times.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
That was a truly beautiful ride by Mohoric. Endless aggression getting a just reward. I will admit that I feared the worst might happen when Rojas was wheelsucking him up the climb.
Of course, this is Rojas we are talking about. He would have found a way to lose the sprint. After all, Poljanski outsprinted him for second.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Another crash caused by a moto?! Reis goes down ...http://video.espanol.eurosport.com/...s-por-culpa-de-una-moto_vid998650/video.shtml

Hope all recover after the crashes today.

Chapeau Mohoric & Bol (7th on GC!)!

Well, to be fair, in this case it seems that the rider is more at fault than the moto (not wanting to blame Reis too).

From the pictures we have, it seems that the moto is overtaking him and he swerves to the right, going against it.

Still, if we could have pictures from before, it could be seen if there was any indication of the overtaking or if the moto rider had some dangerous riding.