• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017, Stage 8 : Hellín / Xorret de Catí. 199,5km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Everyone saying the race is over need to remember there are a lot of things that can happy. Froome can have a jours sans, an accident (I don't wish that on anyone), Sicilian Voodoo, or any number of other situations. It will be a good Vuelta.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Eclipse said:
Froome is a monster. Nobody really has anything for him and he can do it in virtually all conditions and terrain.

Presuming he does secure the double it will be so very well deserved

This....

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

SafeBet said:
Froome threw everything he had at Contador today. But Alberto is still there.
And Nibali not too far off.

If Froome fades just a bit, this is gonna be a Vuelta for the ages.
Let's pray mate. I think froome will fade, at the moment he is much stronger compared to last year. This seems 2012 froome and he was nowhere in the third week

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

benzwire said:
Everyone saying the race is over need to remember there are a lot of things that can happy. Froome can have a jours sans, an accident (I don't wish that on anyone), Sicilian Voodoo, or any number of other situations. It will be a good Vuelta.

I think its just a case of what you would bet your house on if you had to.

Re:

Billie said:
jsem94 said:
Alberto has to do some kamikaze insane **** if he wants to beat Froome, but these two are head and shoulders above of everyone else in this race right now.

15 seconds...
Not just looking at today's stage but also two stages ago. Contador went and only Froome and a handful of others were able to follow. Sure, everyone regained contact on the flat that followed but it was sign of strength.

TRENDING THREADS