• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 Stage 10:Salamanca - Bermillo de Sayagor 177 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MuskyOurSaviour said:
DNP-Old said:
MuskyOurSaviour said:
Viviani is gonna win CQ ranking. What a mad lad.
This is his last race of the season.

Oh man :cry: Sagan vs Valverde should be interesting though
It's been a pretty long season for Viviani. He started all the way back in January in TDU and was on 60 race days at the start of the Vuelta. That doesn't include his antics on the track, where he has ridden more than once too.

tobydawq said:
Flamin said:
tobydawq said:
It's not so difficult winning when you have a leadout, are allowed to block both sides of the road with yourself and your fading leadout man so nobody else even has the chance to sprint in time...

Ehm, are you saying this wasn't a regular sprint (or that it shouldn't be considered as one)?

It just struck me that they're basically filling the whole road, and yes, I think it was a bit of a dirty trick, though unfortunately within the rules.

And if Sagan had done the same I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, so it's not to be taken too seriously. I was just a bit annoyed that we didn't get to see whether Sagan would have been competitive because he had to stop pedaling when Viviani traveled across the road.

Sabatini was still free to choose a lane because there was a light bend where of course you take the inside. If it was a straight road, then you're right. Now they were just being smart.

Re: Vuelta 2018 Stage 10:Salamanca - Bermillo de Sayagor 177

Hard to tell why Sagan is not pushing much harder. We have few options
1. He is a little bit scared after difficult crush.
2. His condition just simply does not allow to push more.
3. He is smart enough now not to push as he has better fish to fry in a few weeks.

It is quite new for me to see him giving up so easily his sprinting position.

Valverde could get the green jersey back tomorrow and Sagan retake it on stage 12 then abandon?

WT points battle has pretty much been a battle between Sagan and Valverde for awhile now.

As for Sagan's current form. He has stated that he was still suffering from the injuries when the Vuelta started. I would expect he's not fully recovered yet. He could be a bit "gun shy" at the moment as well. As for saving energy for the Worlds, well the course doesn't fit him at all. Yesterday Valverde made the comment that any energy expended at the Vuelta won't affect the Worlds due to the length of time between the end of the Vuelta and the Worlds RR. Just found that comment interesting and I don't think anyone else who is going after the Worlds thinks that way, but it is a different perspective and different line of thinking.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Koronin said:
Yesterday Valverde made the comment that any energy expended at the Vuelta won't affect the Worlds due to the length of time between the end of the Vuelta and the Worlds RR.
I guess here the speaker is at least as important as the message.

"... any energy *(he)* expended at the Vuelta won't affect the Worlds ... "
This is Mr. Consistency speaking. After all.

That same being valid from the mere "mortals".
Unlikely.

Chapeau QS & Viviani! They can not stop winning, unlike the GC guys who don't plan to win! :D

Hope Petilli recovers well - UAE lost 2 men (Martin going home) within 24 hours. Kelderman dodged a bullet, and sweaty moments for Yates, Pinot & Quintana.

All hail "The King of the Gorge" ! (sounds like an eating contest :))

ihosama said:
Koronin said:
Yesterday Valverde made the comment that any energy expended at the Vuelta won't affect the Worlds due to the length of time between the end of the Vuelta and the Worlds RR.
I guess here the speaker is at least as important as the message.

"... any energy *(he)* expended at the Vuelta won't affect the Worlds ... "
This is Mr. Consistency speaking. After all.

That same being valid from the mere "mortals".
Unlikely.

You do have a point there.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site

Tim Booth said:
Koronin said:
Valverde could get the green jersey back tomorrow and Sagan retake it on stage 12 then abandon?

Peter Sagan told Marca this morning that he is going to finish La Vuelta. He was rumored to abandon after Stage 12.

"My idea is to finish. It's good for me to be here. I want to take at least one stage and for that I have to put up with it."

http://www.marca.com/ciclismo/vuelta-espana/2018/09/05/5b8eff8fe5fdeaa01c8b457d.html

What an unusually good interview with him.

tobydawq said:
Tim Booth said:
Koronin said:

Peter Sagan told Marca this morning that he is going to finish La Vuelta. He was rumored to abandon after Stage 12.

"My idea is to finish. It's good for me to be here. I want to take at least one stage and for that I have to put up with it."

http://www.marca.com/ciclismo/vuelta-espana/2018/09/05/5b8eff8fe5fdeaa01c8b457d.html

What an unusually good interview with him.

Good interview by Sagan. Glad he's going to go to Madrid. We could actually have a fight for the green jersey. Sagan also had some high praise for Valverde, although I did it was funny when Sagan said he intends on being retired before he gets to 38.

TRENDING THREADS