• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 Stage 12:Mondoñedo - Faro de Estaca de Bares

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
tobydawq said:
jmdirt said:
I love all of the Ws coming from breaks!!

That's exactly why I like the Vuelta much less than the other Grand Tours.

Even if today's stage was fairly entertaining in that regard.
That's why I also prefer to have 8 pan flat sprint stages

Hmm, obviously that's not what I prefer either.

I just think too often the battle for the stage victory is among riders I don't have much interest in in the Vuelta.

Rollthedice said:
markene2 said:
Is Herrada capable of doing a Kivilev?

No. He looked baffled at the post race interview. I got the impression that he wants to loose as soon as possible some 20 minutes so he can go in another break and win a stage.

He’s more than capable if he wants to, which as you mentioned, may be his handicap. He may not be as talented as Pereiro, but he’s a better all around rider. He can survive on mtn stages and could conceivably put some time into the favorites in the TT.

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
JRanton said:
It wasn't a spectator
Armchair expert who cannot do this sport, yet tries to be clever with sarcasm
JRanton said:
Van Baarle isn't a sprinter
JRanton said:
and the crash wasn't his fault.
JRanton said:
Other than that, great post!
Armchair expert who cannot do this sport, yet tries to be clever with sarcasm. The reason that I didn't see you competing in the one-hundred-mile road race in which I crashed after the finish line is: because lacking the ability, you would never have been in the race in the first place. Other than that, great post!

So, how many more of these breakdowns of the same post can we expect tonight?

tobydawq said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
JRanton said:
It wasn't a spectator
JRanton said:
JRanton said:
JRanton said:
Armchair expert who cannot do this sport, yet tries to be clever with sarcasm. The reason that I didn't see you competing in the one-hundred-mile road race in which I crashed after the finish line is: because lacking the ability, you would never have been in the race in the first place. Other than that, great post!

So, how many more of these breakdowns of the same post can we expect tonight?
My recommendations would be 0

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
JRanton said:
It wasn't a spectator
JRanton said:
JRanton said:
JRanton said:

Please do not try to tell anyone that they cannot watch, enjoy and comment on a sport simply because they have not competed (not that you, or I, have any knowledge of JRanton's competitive history). If your competitive experience means that you can offer a particular insight, that is great, but do not be so arrogant as to try to tell us that we do not have the right to comment.

TRENDING THREADS