• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 Stage 6:Huércal Overa – San Javier 155.7km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Koronin said:
Most interesting that for once Movistar actually made the split instead of being caught behind. However, I do wonder how much of that may be because they are on Valverde's home roads and he said something yesterday that there was going to be wind and he expected the wind to cause some splits. I wouldn't be totally shocked that his knowledge of the roads and the wind helped keep them from being caught out.

:D

I know you gotta be doing this on purpose

Re: Re:

Salvarani said:
Koronin said:
Most interesting that for once Movistar actually made the split instead of being caught behind. However, I do wonder how much of that may be because they are on Valverde's home roads and he said something yesterday that there was going to be wind and he expected the wind to cause some splits. I wouldn't be totally shocked that his knowledge of the roads and the wind helped keep them from being caught out.

:D However, reading his comments after today's stage. He had a puncture and caught back to the tail of the field not long before the crash and split happened. He said when they caught back to the field that he was expecting the wind shift shortly and thought there was a possibility of splits. Plus with knowledge of his home roads, it seems he did have an idea this was coming.

Gigs_98 said:
Lexman said:
so what did Viviani do to lose this sprint? i have no tele...
He was just completely out of position. It's actually incredible he got that close to the win again.

It’s not that surprising he caught up. He has an extra gear over everyone else here bar, in theory, Sagan and he was sprinting in the slipstreams. This is a terrible sprint field. At least the Giro had two actually fast guys to fight it out. If Sagan isn’t competitive, Viviani can only lose by botching the approach like today.

That said, I’m very happy to see Bouhanni win. I don’t really rate him, but I like him.

Koronin said:
Salvarani said:
Koronin said:

:D However, reading his comments after today's stage. He had a puncture and caught back to the tail of the field not long before the crash and split happened. He said when they caught back to the field that he was expecting the wind shift shortly and thought there was a possibility of splits. Plus with knowledge of his home roads, it seems he did have an idea this was coming.
I'm pretty sure everyone of note did though?! Flecha even did a feature about it on Eurosport, so it must have been pretty obvious, and whoever was caught by surprise there, can't blame anyone but himself

Blanco said:
Gigs_98 said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah. And I have the feeling he's really good and really fresh. This Vuelta is far from over
This, even after this time loss there are only two riders I see clearly above him.

I see at least five, even without today's loss.
Clearly above though? Quintana and Yates are clearly above him imo. You could probably make an argument for Uran and Lopez too but Uran's shape is a bit of an unknown and Lopez will lose big chunks in the TT. Then there is Valverde who worked for Quintana on Tuesday which makes me wonder how serious he will even take his own gc ambitions. For me those three are on par with Kelderman, everyone else at least a little below.

Tonton said:
Nacer from last to first.

touché!

Chapeau Bouhanni! Seems he needs to get all worked up about something to give 100%.

Had a weird idea Valverde would repeat his 2013 TdF debacle with a puncture during the crosswinds - he had one just before all h*ll broke lose. Lucky man!

If being the Lantern Rouge was not bad enough, the helicopter blows barriers across the road so Julien Duval crashes - hang in there!