• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Andalucia Ruta Ciclista Del Sol 2019

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
DNP-Old said:
Valv.Piti said:
A bit weird not to see Soler here
Having just raced in what is almost the other side of the world might have something to do with that.
My argument is not that he should ride Andalucia after Colombia, but Andalucia instead of Colombia.

I also don't understand it, and he didn't perform well in Colombia. Does he has a good form actually? Maybe that's the reason why they don't pick him in Ruta Del Sol, because anyone would except a lot of him? In Colombia everyone was looking to Quintana.

A break
Clipboard.jpg

A stream http://tiz-cycling.live/#main

Oh no Carlton Kirby.

Re: Re:

Oliver said:
Valv.Piti said:
DNP-Old said:
Valv.Piti said:
A bit weird not to see Soler here
Having just raced in what is almost the other side of the world might have something to do with that.
My argument is not that he should ride Andalucia after Colombia, but Andalucia instead of Colombia.

I also don't understand it, and he didn't perform well in Colombia. Does he has a good form actually? Maybe that's the reason why they don't pick him in Ruta Del Sol, because anyone would except a lot of him? In Colombia everyone was looking to Quintana.

It also could be an issue with altitude. I have no idea how well or poorly he does with altitude yet. I'm guessing he's trying to peak again for Paris-Nice and hold his form for his home race in Catalonia.

Deja vu all over again! Chapeau Wellens - he's worked out this finish I think. Astana tried with 2 men but came up short for once this year.

On to a long day on Thursday - stage 2 Sevilla - Torredonjimeno 216.5 km
RutadelSOL-Stage2_altimetria.jpg

Last 3 km
RutadelSOL-Stage2_3km.jpg

https://www.cyclingstage.com/ruta-del-sol-2019/stage-2-route-rds-2019/
At 216 kilometres, the 2nd stage of the Ruta del Sol is the longest race of this edition. The route between Sevilla and Torredonjimeno is almost entirely flat, so a bunch sprint is next to certain.

Torredonjimeno saw the start of the Queen Stage in the 2017 Ruta del Sol. The route took in four intermediate climbs before a summit finish in Mancha Real, where Thibaut Pinot took the stage honours and Alberto Contador the leader jersey.

No hard climbs are scheduled for the 2nd stage in this year’s Ruta del Sol. The route runs on the flat from Sevilla to Córdoba and then continues in similar fashion. The first obstacle is crested at kilometre 192. With its shallow gradients – 5 kilometres at 3.6% – Alto de Porcuna is not going to hurt anyone. The route drops down to the last 20 kilometres, which is basically an extended false flat to the line.

The 2nd stage of the 2019 Ruta del Sol leaves at 10:50 and the expected finish is around 16:30 – both are local times. The race doesn’t have time bonuses.

Live video from 3:00pm CET (9:00am U.S. Eastern)

TRENDING THREADS