• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Burgos 2016

Today very hard finish in Lerma, with cobbles.

26830_5.jpg

Before long straight and flat road maybe with wind.. although the stage is quite hilly.

Taxus4a said:
Today very hard finish in Lerma, with cobbles.

26830_5.jpg

Before long straight and flat road maybe with wind.. although the stage is quite hilly.

That image reminds me of a stage in Tirreno-Adriatico when Sagan was climbing like a mad man (while riding for Cannondale) versus the little climber dudes and actually won a rather steep uphill finish that created a bit of controversy because he was supposedly riding for Nibali at the time. Of course Nibali wasn't happy to have been upstaged by the young upstart in his native land at a major race. Sagan was humble and repentant and worked hard for Nibali the rest of the week. Roads were similarly narrow but I don't believe they were cobbled like this. It was preview of what was to come with Sagan. Awesome talent.

I see at least 4 Tinkoff riders in the direct vicinity of the Cannonade rider you highlighted and one slightly further back. One of the 5 is probably AC, but impossible to tell from here. My guess, either the one directly right or left and lightly in front of the Cannondale rider.

TRENDING THREADS