• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 16: September 15 - Córdoba - Puertollano, 170km

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Vuelta a España - Stage 16: September 15 - Córdoba - Puertollano, 170km

vueltaprofilestage16.jpg

Got a feeling the sprinters (or what's left of them) might be interested, otherwise predict how many minutes will Valverde give the break away?

A

Anonymous

lettere di poli said:
Greipel win?:confused:

Man I hope not. The picture of his earlier stage win frightened my kid so bad that I had to let him sleep in our bed for a couple of nights.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
17 minutes...

Don't think there are enough teams with sprinters left willing to work to get a break back to get a sprint. Most teams are probably satisfied with another slow and calm stage for most of their team.

Surely Vansancoli will want to pull it back to increase Bozic chances in the points competition?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
If anybody deserves a stage win, it's Hoogerland, been in a thousand breaks this Vuelta and IMO he should get a reward for his riding.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Only one guy on the attack?

28 Rosendo (SPA, ACA) +1:59:04

Around 5 m and 30 s ahead of the peloton. Should be easy for teams to bring him back.

Buninyong Bunny said:
Surely Vansancoli will want to pull it back to increase Bozic chances in the points competition?

They can't do it alone and the only other realistic team to help would be Columbia. However I doubt that the points competition is a realistic goal for Bozic or Vacansoleil, he's 11th and has half the points of Greipel and Valverde. I think they would much rather get a couple of guys in the break of the day for another stage win.

A

Anonymous

just read that valverde been fined for being "assisted" on sunday.. i wondered how hed got up that hill so quick.. :D

now if that had been cadel or gesink.. ;)

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
just read that valverde been fined for being "assisted" on sunday.. i wondered how hed got up that hill so quick.. :D

now if that had been cadel or gesink.. ;)

Well, if he's been penalised for that push, that pretty much makes him even with Evans or Mosquera in terms of their treatment. I'm thinking that the push would have been of little real help, but I suppose it depends, I didn't see it. He had to be strong anyway to continue to close the gap.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Well, if he's been penalised for that push, that pretty much makes him even with Evans or Mosquera in terms of their treatment. I'm thinking that the push would have been of little real help, but I suppose it depends, I didn't see it. He had to be strong anyway to continue to close the gap.

It's Puerto all over again.
Everybody gets time, but for Valverde it just costs money. :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Also, why is a clipshow on about motorbike crashes at 15:15 on Eurosport and not the Vuelta:confused::mad:

I think the stage is really slow (avg speed around 34k/h?) and also quite boring with only one escapee. They might stall the transmission, so that they get exactly ie 2hrs of cycling...

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Oh right, didn't read the post properly, I thouhgt he waas getting a time penalty.

Is Valverde just really, really popular in Spain, more than Contador or S.Sanchez or others, or what?

TRENDING THREADS