• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019, Stage 13: Bilbao - Los Machucos > 166.4 km

On Friday the thirteenth stage of this Vuelta might bring bad luck to some, or good luck to others. In the Cantabrian mountains the riders will face seven climbs. The brutal final climb of Los Machucos is only seven kilometers long, but very steep and irregular, with difficult bends. The top lies one kilometer before the finish.

los-machucos-google-maps.png

Two years ago it was in the Vuelta for the first time. Stefan Denifl won from a breakaway. Alberto Contador attacked from the group of favourites to finish second.

Comment by Fernando Escartín: "An extremely challenging stage, dishing up seven mountain passes: four 3rd category climbs, two 2nd category, and an HC finale at the top of Los Machucos. The teams will find it hard to control the race, with its very demanding finish providing the first true test to reveal those riders with a real chance of becoming the overall winner of La Vuelta 19. "

Stage profile:

8d290

Los Machucos:

etappe-13-los-machucos.jpg

Final kilometers:

etappe-13-finale.jpg

Los Machucos is really brutal. Some of the sections seem super steep. I think Quintana will be the first to attack on this one and probably will be given some freedom by both Lopez and Roglic. At some point Quintana's TDF fatigue should also kick in and probably he will crack - today or some other day I guess.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I have an unrelated question. Since the redesign, whenever I view the forum on my phone, when I click on a thread, it takes me to the first post rather than the last page. Is there a way to click on it such that it takes me to the latest page?

I know what you mean, I click on the time when the last post was sent i.e. "posted 15 mins ago" underneath the title of the thread and then scroll back to where I last read from.

I have an unrelated question. Since the redesign, whenever I view the forum on my phone, when I click on a thread, it takes me to the first post rather than the last page. Is there a way to click on it such that it takes me to the latest page?
You can find a specific thread addressing all the issues of the new forum here: https://forum.cyclingnews.com/threads/new-forum-feedback-thread.34734/

wheresmybrakes tip might work for you. I'll add that the second time you click on a thread title, it will directly take you to the first post you have not read.

Reactions: VayaVayaVaya

TRENDING THREADS