• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019, Stage 13: Bilbao - Los Machucos > 166.4 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Astana
EDysbReXkAAfnph.jpg:large

Let's agree to disagree. Quintana attacks way too early way too often. It's just that unless he's in stellar form, he usually can't land those attacks until much later on a Grand Tour.
Quintana attacks early, because that is how he's won nearly every big race in his career. Hasn't worked for the last couple of years though, since hoards of big TT guys have worked out how to lose weight without sacrificing power.

Reactions: Scarponi
Great ride by Pogacar and Roglic, working together to put time into the other GC top five contenders. I can't believe it, but Pogacar looks like he's got a great chance to make the podium, maybe even the runner-up spot. Roglic has to be seen as the big favorite for the overall win, now.

I don't share the, well, not hate, but dislike for Quintana here. I see a rider who's trying his best but maybe doesn't have the form he once did, and being on a team that doesn't believe in him 100 percent. He may be "only" a Top 5/10 GC guy for the rest of his career but what's wrong with that? He's maintained a very high level in GTs for 7 years now, which is still pretty impressive.

Valverde has copped 1% of the GT abuse that Quintana does on here for the last ten years even though he has failed just as spectacularly as Quintana. I guess winning a 900m sprint five times a year makes up for it
I think because nearly every recognises that Valverde, for most of the last ten years, has been a second tier GC rider. While Quintana, until the last couple of years, was pretty much the only guy who seemed capable of breaking Sky domination.

TRENDING THREADS