• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019, Stage 13: Bilbao - Los Machucos > 166.4 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
kOKPY2j.png

Crazy day for Slovenian cycling. I've had a feeling Roglič is very strong and he'd be in control on the climbs. But to see Pogačar drop everyone but Rogla on the climbs in 2nd week of the Vuelta...this is crazy stuff.

And to think that they both lost around a minute on the first stage:eek: Simply unbelievable.

Reactions: Sandisfan and KZD
You can do better. Try harder dear.

Then please enlighten me: How exactly do you imagine Movistar's past many seasons would not have been significantly worse without their by far most successful rider who also is an icon and legend in the home country of the team?

I don't think Quintana would have been a single position better in any of the Grand Tours they have done together without Valverde.

Very impressive ride by the Slovenians, who are strongest riders in the race.

Roglic is an interesting case. He basically started cycling career at the age of 23 (he was a ski-jumper before), which means that he's still relatively young in terms of mileage. It's clear that he's still discovering his full potential - in recent years he's been progressing like a young rider. Who knows where is his ceiling? TdF champion?

As for Pogacar, the guy is amazing. First GT of his life and he's one of two strongest riders in the race, winning two tough mountain stages. Who knows, he and Bernal could dominate cycling for a decade. Interesting times ahead.

Reactions: Sandisfan
To be honest with NQ, it seems that his problem is the team...

NQ is working as a domestique here, and his attitudes on lavuelta has been for a domestique, even when he weared red (He didn't drag too deep on ITT, in order to save energies for this week); and now on a stage that is good for him, he takes Valverde to the finish line...

Don't get me wrong, I still think NQ is not the quality star we had in 2-3 years ago, but he is not the second tier climber we are watching today.
Do you really believe this?
Quintana saving energy on the time trial???
And today “taking Valverde to the line”??

Quintana has clearly been racing for himself this Vuelta. Working with Roglic on stage 2 would be stupid if he was a domestique. Same would his actions to Andorra be. And today he attacked early, got dropped and only “pulled for Valverde” (quite clear he also pulled for himself to limit the losses) a couple of hundred meters in the end.

This whole Quintana vs Valverde on this forum is so hyped. None of them would be near Roglic without the other anyway. They are not good enough, it’s not like they destroy for each other.

And come on “second tier climber”. Both of them were in the top 10 at the Tour and they will be top 5 at this Vuelta. They are pretty damn good. There are just a few guys that are a little bit better.

TRENDING THREADS