Vuelta a Espana Stage 2: Assen - Emmen 203,7 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
great sprint. loved watching the teams battling for the best lead out (think many of the teams learnt something at the tour)
boonen went too early. Hammond did fantastic.
Griepel lost his postion a bit at the end, cost him the stage tho not sure he would have won, obviously great sprint by ciolek :D
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Ciolek again shows that he has the pure speed of a top, top sprinter. He went extremely early, everyone else that went with him faded very badly, yet he held on for the win.
 
Mar 19, 2009
571
0
0
Universal Sports does the classic bait and switch.
They won't earn many fans that way.

What happened to Farrar? . . . . He just didn't have it today I suppose.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
I don't think farrar will be as dominant in the sprints as many think he will.

IMO that was more entertaining then any of the sprints at the tour .
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
lostintime said:
Universal Sports does the classic bait and switch.
They won't earn many fans that way.

What happened to Farrar? . . . . He just didn't have it today I suppose.

Went waaaaaaay too early. So did Boonen, Ciolek and others. And as predicted they faded badly towards the end. Ciolek somehow didn't, which is very strange.
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
1
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I don't think farrar will be as dominant in the sprints as many think he will.

IMO that was more entertaining then any of the sprints at the tour .

+1.... much more entertaining sprint today!
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
issoisso said:
Sánchez, F. Schleck and Vinokourov lose 18 seconds in the split.

A.Schleck loses half a minute

So maybe Saxobank really are riding for Jacob Fuglsang, as Bjarne has been saying.
 
Jun 25, 2009
155
0
0
issoisso said:
Everyone important not mentioned was there :)

The official site doesn't have times for Gesink or Kreuziger and a few others.

They only have 173 times listed but there should've been 198 riding.

Definitely agree with the views here that it was better than any spring in Le Tour. Hopefully more of the same in the next few days.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
HL2037 said:
So maybe Saxobank really are riding for Jacob Fuglsang, as Bjarne has been saying.

Kim Andersen said so a few weeks ago. And he never lies in these matters.

Anyway, Frank has an injured knee and Andy is aiming for the Worlds and can only hold top form for an extremely small window compared to most riders. So neither of them have a chance.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Should also be noted that before being left behind, Andy Schleck spent most of the last 20kms pacing Breschel and keeping him out of the wind.
 
Connor Pass said:
The official site doesn't have times for Gesink or Kreuziger and a few others.

They only have 173 times listed but there should've been 198 riding.

Definitely agree with the views here that it was better than any spring in Le Tour. Hopefully more of the same in the next few days.
Gesink finished in the first group. Kreuziger as well. Don't know about any others.

But for those 2 I'm 100% sure. Gesink also already replied on his twitter and said it was a good day, so that must mean he simply finished in the 1st group ;)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
am in the only one finding a northern europe veulta completely and utterly weird