• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Colombia Oro y Paz 2017 01/8/2017 - 13/8/2017

Etapa 1 1 de agosto Contrarreloj por equipos Rionegro – La Ceja 18.4 km
Etapa 2 2 de agosto Rionegro – Doradal – Puerto Boyacá 173.2 km
Etapa 3 3 de agosto Puerto Boyacá – Barrancabermeja 222.4 km
Etapa 4 4 de agosto Barrancabermeja – Bucaramanga – Peaje El Picacho 165.3 km
Etapa 5 5 de agosto Bucaramanga – San Gil – Barichara 118.3 km
Etapa 6 6 de agosto Socorro – Tunja – Sogamoso 237.7 km
Etapa 7 7 de agosto Tunja – Sopó 113.5 km
8 de agosto Dia de descanso
Etapa 8 9 de agosto Contrarreloj individual Guarinocito – Honda – Mariquita 36.5 km
Etapa 9 10 de agosto La Dorada – Mariquita – Alto de Letras 131.6 km
Etapa 10 11 de agosto Cartago – Yumbo. 170 km
Etapa 11 12 de agosto Palmira – Cartago – Dosquebradas 190.8 km
Etapa 12 13 de agosto Circuito en Pereira 107 km

Arrival on Peaje El Picacho is at 3.400 meters, Letras is as we all know at over 3.700 meters. The stage to Letras starts at 160 meters. Good bye Babyface. :lol:

DFmY3GIXsAA8Qie.jpg

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18JTMkRzDk6NnpVQk93M3dvc1k/view

Here you have the roadbook. Stage 4 is a real suffer fest. Wow...
Hmm... according to these official-ish (?) looking profiles there's no Picacho (instead they just do a 110km microstage to Bucaramanga)...
A shame. There's a lot of potential for fun, challenging routes in Colombia, but the low profile of the race means they can't do it too hard because then no one will bother to come...
...then again, 40km of flat ITT and the 80km Letras MTF are quite the challenge, especially for a 2.2 race, but other than that it's just sprints and and the microstages around Bucaramanga (the 237km Sogamoso stage has some climbing, but the final 80km are almost pan-flat anyway).
(inb4 the group explodes in a million pieces in the Sogamoso stage and I'm forced to eat my words :eek: )

Re: Re:

bp92 said:
Max Rockatansky said:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18JTMkRzDk6NnpVQk93M3dvc1k/view

Here you have the roadbook. Stage 4 is a real suffer fest. Wow...
Hmm... according to these official-ish (?) looking profiles there's no Picacho (instead they just do a 110km microstage to Bucaramanga)...
A shame. There's a lot of potential for fun, challenging routes in Colombia, but the low profile of the race means they can't do it too hard because then no one will bother to come...
...then again, 40km of flat ITT and the 80km Letras MTF are quite the challenge, especially for a 2.2 race, but other than that it's just sprints and and the microstages around Bucaramanga (the 237km Sogamoso stage has some climbing, but the final 80km are almost pan-flat anyway).
(inb4 the group explodes in a million pieces in the Sogamoso stage and I'm forced to eat my words :eek: )

In the roadbook it is still there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B86nLtMcFT01SHVqX1JVR3hNZjg/view

This will hurt people...

265060CFDE2C504E801F27504E7F42.jpg

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I really hope Cano or Duarte can break the Sevilla domination. Too bad Ortega isn't here to defend his title.

I still think Duarte will be too inconsistent to really challenge for the crown, but Cano for sure can do it. Especially on this year's route.

I'm rooting for Edward Beltran too. Does anyone know how he's riding this year/how he's looking ahead to this year's Vuelta?

Re:

Arredondo said:
I really hope Cano or Duarte can break the Sevilla domination. Too bad Ortega isn't here to defend his title.

I still think Duarte will be too inconsistent to really challenge for the crown, but Cano for sure can do it. Especially on this year's route.

I'm rooting for Edward Beltran too. Does anyone know how he's riding this year/how he's looking ahead to this year's Vuelta?
The one thing Duarte has been this year is consistent. 2nd in GC Valle del Cauca, 2nd in GC Clásica Anapoima, 1st in GC Clásica Marinilla, 1st in GC Clásica de Girardot. He's been winning stages, time trials, prologue's. Don't forget he was already 4th last year as Sevilla's little helper.

Beltran has no noteworthy results this season.

Nelson Soto wins the 3rd stage in a sprint over Avila. Molano got a flat 4K to go.
Soto won the Pan-American RR over Molano. He also has scored some podiums in national races and track
It's been rumored that Molano would withdraw tomorrow to fly to Spain.

TRENDING THREADS