• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Prediction: How will GC battle Shake up?

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Escarabajo said:
Can anyone tell me why Movistar keep avoiding taking IZAGIRRE Ion to GT's?
They took him to the Giro this year (as the team leader, no less) and to the Tour in 2014. :confused:

Obviously since he didn't ride the Tour and isn't going to ride the Vuelta this year they keep avoiding him at GTs.

Gigs_98 said:
Eyeballs Out said:
AG2R: Domenico Pozzovivo, Gediminas Bagdonas, Mikaël Chérel, Alexis Gougeard, Blel Kadri, Sébastien Minard, Matteo Montaguti, Rinaldo Nocentini, Johan Vansummeren
I want to see the Pozzo train xD

Pozzo on the wheel of Summie.
He's not gonna get any problems with the win.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Can anyone tell me why Movistar keep avoiding taking IZAGIRRE Ion to GT's?

He rode the Giro, as a protected rider with Inxausti, but Amador and Visconti were better and that's why they are rewarded as the only riders from the Giro to ride Vuelta. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I hope that Elissonde will be able to get a stage win, what happened to him?
He won the Angliru stage in his first GT. I now that he never was the most consisten rider, but he was 2nd on the last 2 stages of the 2011 Giro della Valle d'Aosta, climbing with Aru and Dombrowski, at least he should be able to become a good stagehunter, but he seems to have regressed durning the last 2 years.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
I hope that Elissonde will be able to get a stage win, what happened to him?
He won the Angliru stage in his first GT. I now that he never was the most consisten rider, but he was 2nd on the last 2 stages of the 2011 Giro della Valle d'Aosta, climbing with Aru and Dombrowski, at least he should be able to become a good stagehunter, but he seems to have regressed durning the last 2 years.
Yep, I had a little search after his resutls etc and he just never reached his initial level again.Its a pity, with his weight couple of vuelta steep climbs would have suited him.

Will Astana have two on the podium of a 2015 GT again? Maybe sweep it?

"He thought about it himself, and decided that the best thing to do was to ride the Vuelta. As a manager I hope that Vincenzo rides this Vuelta with three things in mind – to be a protagonist, to help Fabio to win the race, and to treat this as a new start, the start of the 2016 season," Martinelli said.

Sounds like Astana has a Vuelta leader to me. Aru for the win unless Nibali shows some much better form than Aru. Nibs has always played the good teammate.

Valverde gave his all to podium the Tour so may not have his normal Vuelta zip. I still think he can podium if he doesn't have to work to much for Nairito, but he will.

Froome was a spent force in the final week of the Tour. Has he recovered enough to be a contender? I think not.

So for me it is:
Aru
Quintana
Nibali
Bala
Froome

I'd much prefer:
Nibali
Bala
Quintana
But that just isn't likely to happen.

Re:

TMP402 said:
More details here

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vuelta-a-espaa-riders-question-conditions-of-dirt-bike-path-team-time-trial-course/

Very wacky decision by the organisers. Won't the course get much harder the later you set off? And what if it rains?!!?
Then we could watch the most crazy TTT ever. Seriously that would be incredibly dangerous and especially unfair for the riders who start late. Although I would kind of like to see something like that (of course without crashes) we should probably hope that the weather will be good.

Okay so I went through the biggest parts of the route with google street view and I found some pictures that made me laugh and especially wonder:
the slightly dangerous curve:
V7Cr6qY.png

which way will you take:
sPcvIHU.png

not narrow at all:
gIxHLMG.png

rofl
5h5g6Gh.png

Gigs_98 said:
Okay so I went through the biggest parts of the route with google street view and I found some pictures that made me laugh and especially wonder:
the slightly dangerous curve:
V7Cr6qY.png

which way will you take:
sPcvIHU.png

not narrow at all:
gIxHLMG.png

rofl
5h5g6Gh.png

more dangerous than my daily commute through London, absolutely hilarious.

TRENDING THREADS