• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Prediction: How will GC battle Shake up?

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Kwibus said:
Some opinions.

Will Sagan be good? If I recall correctly he took it easy last year?
Garmin bring Talansky and Martin for GC where I had hopes for Dombroski who looked really good in Utah, but it's his first GT. Will they let him of the leash?
How about Torres and Cano. Will they ride like typical Coldeportes riders in a GT (invisible) or will they actually do good?

IMO he'll be good. 1. He's not changing teams next year (I think that's one reason why he wasn't stellar last year), 2. he hasn't won a gt stage in a while, 3. the team came out saying he was one of their designated leaders. 4. Tinkov would kill him if he soft pedaled through the race.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
MatParker117 said:
What happens if halfway through the stage it rains? You'll have riders going 50kph heading for what is essentially glue.

Same thing as what happens if it rains on the descents in Strade Bianche. Massive over-reaction here to a small section of sand; they've raced in a lot worse conditions.

Quoting for truth.

Everyone was clamouring for rain on the cobbled stage of the TdF...

Re:

hrotha said:
For the nth time: strada biancha/cobbles =/= loose sand.

No, but all of them equal altering the way you approach certain obstacles. It's a pretty straight section covered with a very thin layer of sand, they'll hardly notice it but if they want they can easily slow up, hold the line over it and take it steady. It will only be dangerous if the teams want to push it.

TRENDING THREADS