• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta request

Re:

barmaher said:
You can always rely on Sam Bennett for a good GC showing.

Additonally, there is a rider called Haimar Zubeldia, who races very aggressively, and can always be relied upon for high placings in individual stages.
You can't watch for him in the race though, because you'll never ever see him on TV. He rides incognito...

A good choice for top 10 placing nonetheless.

I'd go with Majka if he is relatively cheap. He's probably going to win at least one stage and finish top 10 overall. Of the GC contenders, Valverde is probably the safest bet - he'll probably win a stage and will almost certainly finish top 5 overall (probably top 3). The others are a bit more unpredictable in terms of form.

I would imagine that Bouhanni should get a lot of points as well, especially if Sagan and Degenkolb are treating it primarily as a training race.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I would add Samuel Sanchez for the Top 10.
By the way, where has Peter Velits gone. I kind of forgot that he was still racing, until I saw him in the start list.

TRENDING THREADS