• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 14 - Sunday 13th Sep - Granada-La Pandera 157km

&quot said:
14.gif

lapandera.gif

There you go. A couple of steep ramps, for the breaking of minds and bodies.
The weather looks to be having a say, today.

Hmm,as far as i know Piti doesn't quite like rainy weather.:D
I remember him last year losing some 3 mins on a flat rain-soaked stage(well,mostly because of his stupidity to go down to the car and get a coat).

Could be Sammy Sanchez' day or,why not,we could see a stage win from Mosquera,who said a couple of days ago he performs better when the temperatures are low.;)

Think Tommy D recovered from the stomach virus or he'll sink even more today?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
So, here we are. Valverde promised not to attack before today. So clearly he'll attack today.....right?

That, or on thursday. There aren't any mountain stages left beside these two.

issoisso said:
So, here we are. Valverde promised not to attack before today. So clearly he'll attack today.....right?

That, or on thursday. There aren't any mountain stages left beside these two.

Friday - September 18th. Is that the stage you mean?
The Navacerrada, twice and another first cat?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Valverde attack, in the final 400 metres, on Thursday, though.
That Avila finish and juicy bonus seconds....

dimspace said:
isnt that rather uncadel like behaviour?
Have to say, he did a lot of attacking of Valverde, during the Dauphine....
...with about the same result.:eek:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Cadel quite simply has to go on the attack.

If he has the legs, I could see him give it a go....But I won't get my hopes up.:(

Still pretty close for the top 5 riders, anyone could have a shocker and anyone could have the best day of racing in their lives, as we have all seen happen many times in a GT.

A

Anonymous

google on cadel evans attack.. 33,000 hits
google on valverde attack.. 130,000 hits

maybe valverde is just more google freindly.. :D

A

Anonymous

powderpuff said:
How about google "Evans attacks" since we are using surnames:D

cos then it includes roy evans, the legendary liverpool manager renowned for his attacking style of play.. :D And chris evans, the ginger radio dj who was always attacking someone.. :D

just checked his twitter.. not a happy boy

CadelOfficialChecking #Vuelta results. And I get 10" penalty for getting a bottle after my wheel/bike change yesterday.... We are in Spain...
CadelOfficialRT @mycyclingfan: @CadelOfficial No F--cking way. Why not just throw tacks in front of you as you ride . In Spain indeed.-but Belg. Comm.
CadelOfficialRT @Islandman_: @CadelOfficial LOL! - did they fine the shimano support for uselessness?!-I'm wondering the same..

i do actually have some sympathy for the guy... but it is spain..
gesink to get screwed today, basso tommoro

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
CadelOfficialRT @mycyclingfan: @CadelOfficial No F--cking way. Why not just throw tacks in front of you as you ride . In Spain indeed.-but Belg. Comm.
Belgian commissionaire - most probably on the SIL payroll to p%$& Cadel off

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
last 10 kms should be epic.
some tough sections in that climb.

Tondo didn't start today apparently. Must say a dissapointing vuelta for him.

Quite. he would normally have made the top 10

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
again this stream isn't working for me (here in aus). Didn't work friday either.
It worked for me last night but not the night before.
I use the link that has the detached player as the other one didn't work for me either.

TRENDING THREADS