• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 14 - Sunday 13th Sep - Granada-La Pandera 157km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Is it working for you tonight? Has coverage began? I'm getting nothing on any of my usual sources.
Starts at midnight OZ time.
I also noticed that the Vuelta website live ticker isn't working in English yet only spanish; maybe they are boycotting us after our anti spanish comments from yeaterday.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
Starts at midnight OZ time.
I also noticed that the Vuelta website live ticker isn't working in English yet only spanish; maybe they are boycotting us after our anti spanish comments from yeaterday.

ahh yeh thought so. Was getting a tad worried :p I'm just having an occasional look at the cn live coverage atm.

Coverage starts in 30 minutes.
I see Cunego dropped that packet of time, to go off in today's break.
He's 10 minutes up the road, so could well walk another stage win.
Fuglsang being the other climber of note.

CURRENT SITUTATION

Christian Knees (Milram), Jakob Voglsang (Saxo Bank), Damiano Cunego (Lampre), Adrian Palomares (Contentpolis), Gonzalo Rabanal (Xacobeo), Alan Perez (Euskaltel), Bram Tankink (Rabobank), Xavier Florencio (Cervelo) and Kevin De Weert (Quick Step)

Peloton at 9:05

Dropping out like flies....

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
From the live ticker
The “grupetto” finished 39:04 down yesterday, which was actually outside of the time limit. The race jury was gracious enough to let the 54 riders stay in the race

It is interesting how the "jury" can see it in the interest of the race to allow these riders to stay in the race( i know they still got a penalty, under the rules they should have been kicked out) but they couldn't turn a blind eye to Cadel's bottle holding incident after the Support vehicle stuff up. I know he broke the rules but what is good for the goose...

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
Cadel wasn't the only one who got a penalty yesterday.
I know he wasn't the only one; I was merely pointing out the double standards. It's what happens in general in everyday life with court rulings. It depends on who has the silly wig on on the day that decides the outcome; not a steadfast set of rules.

krebs303 said:
Website is up coverage should begin in 15 min.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-la-vuelta-a-espana.html

If not working for you. try this for alternate

http://www.steephill.tv/vuelta-a-espana/

You can use this one as well

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=cycling

It is like steephill, gives you links to various feeds. Some work some don't. A bit hit and miss at times. They also put up more feeds as they get them. So expect the amount to increase.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
Cadel wasn't the only one who got a penalty yesterday.

How dare you ruin the party with facts?

Now go sit in the corner and think about ways you can non-factually argue that anglophones are awesome and underrated :p

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
How dare you ruin the party with facts?

Now go sit in the corner and think about ways you can non-factually argue that anglophones are awesome and underrated :p

....off to the corner....must think of non-factual argument...:D LMAO

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Good morning.

Short stage, difficult climb... Will Basso finally show that he is interested in the overall win?

Will Valverde attack, or crack? Evans? Gesink?

Is anyone really interested in the win? The legs have been softened up in the last couple of days, so surely something must happen today.

Rab sent one guy (Tankink) ahead again, so I expect/hope that that is an indication that they will want to threaten Valverde's position.

Otherwise Valverde will win the GC. Two more stages with uphill sprint finishes in Availa/La Granja suit Valverde as well.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Raining....Cunego will walk it.
After that......
Decending could become a factor. Sanchez will be smiling, I'd guess Basso won't.

As long as Valv.Piti doesn't return his rain jacket when it goes uphill and attacks are commencing, he should be fine right?

EDIT: at least Cancellara won't win the last TT anymore. He abandoned race.

Wow, Belgian commentary team on tv is saying the av. speed in first hour was 49km/h, with 43 and 42 in the 2nd and 3rd hour respectively. And it's not a flat stage till the final climb. That should've already softened up most people.

The Basques seemed determined to make something happen. Here's to Sanchez (my original pick to win it) attacking hard and causing some action.

Also, Gesink in white.... Nice. Should prepare him well for next year's podium in Paris. ;)

TRENDING THREADS