• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 14 - Sunday 13th Sep - Granada-La Pandera 157km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
I know. But he's only 1 point behind Valverde in the CC as is, so he can possibly get it outright today. Assuming he doesn't capture the gold :cool:

Nope, because Valverde will move up into the points lead today (unless he bonks completely and 20 people finish ahead of him), which will give him even less points in the combination :)

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
overrated maybe :p

Come on. The dude suffered a horrible crash on that abortion of a stage to Liege. I heard that on some places of his leg the wounds were all the way down to the bone. Obviously that's gonna take some of the strength out of your legs. I still fancy him to turn into a very classy GC rider in a couple years.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Come on. The dude suffered a horrible crash on that abortion of a stage to Liege. I heard that on some places of his leg the wounds were all the way down to the bone. Obviously that's gonna take some of the strength out of your legs. I still fancy him to turn into a very classy GC rider in a couple years.

I do think he is a talent, but the crash aside, I never saw him contesting the GC, a lot of people were suggesting he was. coming 6th or 7th in the Dauphne (imo his best performance, better then slovenia and denmark due to the opposition) doesn't make you a GT contendor.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Antón punctures. That's it for him, I'm guessing. That'll put a dent into the Euskaltel strategy of dropping Valverde's teammates

A team mate waited for him to tow him back and set the pace in the peloton... Wonder if he'll regain contact...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
It was Irizar, the mountain of muscles. Won't be much help on this climb :p

Tankink the dutch mountain of muscles finds his way to the front ;)

But Gesink seems to be too far down in the peloton...

He usually likes to ride in the front.

Yeah. I agree about Gesink.

Yesterday he was hugging Basso's wheel for most of the climb, now he's hanging halfway down the bunch. He could very easily crack. He said on his twitter that he was feeling better than yesterday, but he's clearly feeling yesterday's effort.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Gesink grimace was bad ... Weening towing him to the front though.

Evans looking very strong. Basso as well, sitting on the train to the top...

TRENDING THREADS