• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 16: Circuito de Navarra - Logroño (40.2km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

FilipeFD said:
how about 11 laps to the Navarra circuit?

that would be different, and unique, and the public would see a lot more.

Interesting idea, but it would get too crowded I think. There would be something like 25 to 50 riders on the track and way too much deliberate and involuntary drafting and riders obstructing each other in corners. Maybe on the Nürburgring or similar they could do that.

Re:

Sestriere said:
There has to be a reason why Rohan Dennis participates in this Vuelta, right? So, he is going to make it 7/7 today.
For the GC, I don't think Nibali will lose more than a minute to Froome, he certainly won't be caught ;)
Contador and Kelderman will be good, Zakarin to drop a few places.
Dennis has abandoned with illness. So he isn't going to do sh.t

Gigs_98 said:
I think this could be a very strange TT in which Froome ends up winning the stage since not so many great TT'ers are riding the vuelta but he won't gain that much time since his TT shape this year hasn't been great. I think the most likely scenario is that Nibali will lose around a minute to Froome maybe a little more.

His climbing shape this year also wasn't great when his TTs were average. Froome wouldn't be turning up the the world ITT if he wasn't in at least decent TTing shape

PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:
I think this could be a very strange TT in which Froome ends up winning the stage since not so many great TT'ers are riding the vuelta but he won't gain that much time since his TT shape this year hasn't been great. I think the most likely scenario is that Nibali will lose around a minute to Froome maybe a little more.

His climbing shape this year also wasn't great when his TTs were average. Froome wouldn't be turning up the the world ITT if he wasn't in at least decent TTing shape
He'll surely have a decent shape but I think he won't be as good as last season.

Dennis out so Froome looks like the winner but the margins could be interesting. Chaves will hate it. Interested to see what Zakaring and Superman can do. Nibali and Contador should be strong rides. A good course for the 2012 TJVG not sure about the current one.........

Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
MatParker117 said:
search said:
this time trial is far from flat, it's up and down all day. Lampaert for example said that there's too much climbing to his liking

350 metres of climbing is too much for him?
It's likely to be more, it's typical 'spanish' flat. Profile looks flat, but in reality it's up and down. Sunweb DS said the same

Here is an interactive profile via @raffilpt, it says ~450m of climbing, which in total is only ~100m less than in the Giro this year, for example

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23603555

Re:

deValtos said:
Yea there's a tailwind also so that should help the little fellas.
Yep. Tailwind also means smaller differences in general.

wouterkaas said:
telencefalus said:
anyone know who koning is i presonally don't know him
Peter Koning. He rode for Drapac in the past years if I'm correct

Usually top 10 dutch itt championships, though that doesn't say much. the lower end top 10 is low quality

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
this is an important indication Koning who has the best time at 13 km at av of 50,3 arrived at 27,9 km with av speed of 47,85 so he decrease more than a km/h more than L.N.Hansen , you have to manage yourself

TRENDING THREADS