• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 16: Circuito de Navarra - Logroño (40.2km)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

DFA123 said:
Not sure I get the hyperbole around Froome for this result. Surely 30 seconds on Kelderman and a minute on Nibali is just about par from what we have seen in the last five years. Maybe even slightly under par for such a flat, non technical TT.

It seems like par, people were talking on here of him taking 2-3 minutes on most his rivals, so to only take a 57s on Nibali is not amazing. Froome performed probably to par after this amount oof racing and others stepped their efforts up

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

DFA123 said:
Not sure I get the hyperbole around Froome for this result. Surely 30 seconds on Kelderman and a minute on Nibali is just about par from what we have seen in the last five years. Maybe even slightly under par for such a flat, non technical TT.

Its fine, nothing unreasonable there. I would be suprised if they where closer.

Re: Re:

Climbing said:
bigcog said:
Isn't that was predicted about 1 min to Nibali et al ?
Seems pretty in line with predictions, probably most expected Nibali around 1:30, but seems to have excellent form.
This is my main take away as well. Froome did as well as expected, but Kelderman, Zakarin and Nibali all probably did better than expected. Which means they must all be still feeling reasonably fresh and strong; the guys from the Giro improving throughout the race, while those coming from the Tour might hit at a wall (or two!) at some point.

jarvo said:
It seems like par, people were talking on here of him taking 2-3 minutes on most his rivals, so to only take a 57s on Nibali is not amazing. Froome performed probably to par after this amount oof racing and others stepped their efforts up

Froome's "par"-level is still amazing in an objective sense though.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Der Effe said:
telencefalus said:
Froome is the best gt rider since Bernard Hinault , but that was another sports , so Froome is the best of modern cycling

You've been on this forum for 2 days, yet have already found the time to make 118 nonsensical posts.
I'M NOT A froome fan but this is reality right now

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

telencefalus said:
Der Effe said:
telencefalus said:
Froome is the best gt rider since Bernard Hinault , but that was another sports , so Froome is the best of modern cycling

You've been on this forum for 2 days, yet have already found the time to make 118 nonsensical posts.
I'M NOT A froome fan but this is reality right now

Oh please, go do one. Your comparison makes no sense whatsoever and adds absolutely nothing to the intent of this thread: today's time trial.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
however Froome is the best GC rider of the modern era is superior to Indurain , modern era start with Indurain or at best with 1990 , so we are witness a rider much more strong than Contador , it reality because dominating gt consecutive was indurain game but he did with rigged parcours

Re:

telencefalus said:

...and how exactly is he better than Indurain? Indurain has 5 Tours and 2 Giros and both of the Giros are Giro/Tour doubles. I think you need to read up on cycling history.

jaylew said:
The Barb said:
Carols said:
bob.a.feet said:
I feel like I'm watching Lance all over again
Me also, and it makes me want to puke......

Yup. Overall I'd say Froome less likeable than Armstrong.
Not possible.
lol, I was going to say the same. That is a big, big call to make. Froome's dominance is incredibly tedious, but he doesn't really come across as a bullying sociopath.

Re:

telencefalus said:
however Froome is the best GC rider of the modern era is superior to Indurain , modern era start with Indurain or at best with 1990 , so we are witness a rider much more strong than Contador , it reality because dominating gt consecutive was indurain game but he did with rigged parcours

I'm sure the French wanted Indurain (a Spaniard) dominating their grand tour, that certainly makes sense. :rolleyes: He won on the parcours and against the competition that was available. Of course you're entitled to your opinion.

Breh said:
Der Effe said:
telencefalus said:

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Does this board have an ignore function?
Yes, you can "Add foe"

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Angliru said:
telencefalus said:

...and how exactly is he better than Indurain? Indurain has 5 Tours and 2 Giros and both of the Giros are Giro/Tour doubles. I think you need to read up on cycling history.
i dont' want to argue but as i said the parcours of Indurai were rigged with ton of tt and his competion was urugomov , zulle , Chiappucci , bugno , a Young pantani , while froome has Nibali contador quintana way better cyclist

TRENDING THREADS