• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

VUELTA- Where to View in USA?

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I see Universal Sports is not carried by my provider Time Warner Cable.

%^&*($#*(*&^$#$%^&*() ... and the bicycle they rode in on! :))

What are my alternatives? Computer? I see many sites offering this or that. Where can I watch it live and also have later access in case I miss it live?

What is the cost? Are there any free views?

Thanks,

May 19, 2011
Visit site
lactictac said:

What are my alternatives? Computer? I see many sites offering this or that. Where can I watch it live and also have later access in case I miss it live?

Thanks,

Universal sports offer online HD broadcasting, i think it is around 20 bucks for the whole vuelta, or you can just purchase individual stage

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
lactictac said:

Thanks,

there are plenty live streams every day for the vuelta. But if you miss the stage, you can always download it from cyclingtorrents

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Universal no longer offers this option. I switched to Dish Network a week ago and the bugs are worked out so I record it at will :)

Damn it , I did not know that. I only have comcast and used it to watch almost every olympics event. Oh well guess you can't have everything.:D

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Jericho said:
Does anyone besides Dish have Universal Sports? Definitely a tough get for those of us in the US

Comcast carried last year, and I signed up with Comcast because of that - but Comcast dropped it this year - but I have a contract until next July. I also miss the world cup downhill skiing on Universal Sports.

Strange because Comcast is part owner of Universal Sports.

avanti said:
Comcast carried last year, and I signed up with Comcast because of that - but Comcast dropped it this year - but I have a contract until next July. I also miss the world cup downhill skiing on Universal Sports.

Strange because Comcast is part owner of Universal Sports.

How painful for you, you have my sympathies:(

I had Comcast and when they dropped US in Jan. I bought the on-line cycling package from US. But now US only provides on-line to people that have the TV channel, so I made the switch. 2 year contract...if Dish drops US I will puke :( Then I'll break the contract and get it wherever I can. I simply Refuse to live without my cycling the way I want it.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Carols said:
How painful for you, you have my sympathies:(

I had Comcast and when they dropped US in Jan. I bought the on-line cycling package from US. But now US only provides on-line to people that have the TV channel, so I made the switch. 2 year contract...if Dish drops US I will puke :( Then I'll break the contract and get it wherever I can. I simply Refuse to live without my cycling the way I want it.

I'm sort wondering if I could get dish network installed before this weekend...

I'd love to drop comcast for TV anyways.

richwagmn said:
I'm sort wondering if I could get dish network installed before this weekend...

I'd love to drop comcast for TV anyways.

You probably can but you better move quick! I experienced 'issues' for 5 days and 3 tech visits so u might miss the first few stages, but they will be available to you on demand on-line for replay :)

We switched this spring to direcTv...we got the cheapest package so do not have Universal ...but when we went to watch the Olympic road race online they gave us the sign-in prompt using the direcTv password and info and it worked....so got to watch for free online and they have free complete replays as well...

That should be the case for the Vuelta as well I'm hoping.
btw we plugged the laptop in to the big tv...sweet!

so try that if you have direcTv but not universal :confused::p

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
We switched this spring to direcTv...we got the cheapest package so do not have Universal ...but when we went to watch the Olympic road race online they gave us the sign-in prompt using the direcTv password and info and it worked....so got to watch for free online and they have free complete replays as well...

That should be the case for the Vuelta as well I'm hoping.
btw we plugged the laptop in to the big tv...sweet!

so try that if you have direcTv but not universal :confused::p
All you needed for the Olympics was to get CNBC and MSNBC. I don't know of any basic television package that doesn't get those two channels.

SetonHallPirate said:
All you needed for the Olympics was to get CNBC and MSNBC. I don't know of any basic television package that doesn't get those two channels.

We could watch the Olympic schedule that they wanted to show, which yes we did...I was talking about specifically being able to watch the cycling road race and everything cycling full replay or on my own time in its entirety.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
We could watch the Olympic schedule that they wanted to show, which yes we did...I was talking about specifically being able to watch the cycling road race and everything cycling full replay or on my own time in its entirety.
I know. You only needed a cable or satellite package with CNBC and MSNBC to get everything, in its entirety, online.

What's crazy is that Comcast is advertising the Vuelta all over its NBC Sports channel even though it KNOWS it's not available on their system. :mad:

EDIT: Turns out Comcast only owns a small part of Universal and it's Universal's own actions that has resulted in it being removed. Oh well. I'll have to rely on Eurosport...

TRENDING THREADS