• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

VUELTA- Where to View in USA?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
mewmewmew13 said:
We could watch the Olympic schedule that they wanted to show, which yes we did...I was talking about specifically being able to watch the cycling road race and everything cycling full replay or on my own time in its entirety.

They (they being one of the NBC affiliates) actually showed the entire road race. It might have even been live. The Velodrome stuff on the other hand was heavily edited.

avanti said:
Comcast carried last year, and I signed up with Comcast because of that - but Comcast dropped it this year - but I have a contract until next July. I also miss the world cup downhill skiing on Universal Sports.

Strange because Comcast is part owner of Universal Sports.

The way I understand it, Universal Sports was often bundled with other NBC products at no charge. It was only just recently, probably when it was removed from Comcast, that it began being sold as its own channel. And it appears like most I can only get it on DirecTv or Dish locally. And since I don't have those (and also am under contract til February), its a no-go for me. I'd agree that its funny that Comcast does not even carry it as Comcast actually owns the damn thing.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Dish is offering a free trail of Universal Sports from Wednesday, Aug 15th -
Tuesday, Aug 28th.
It seems to be bundled in their multi-sports package for $9usd along with access to NFL RedZone plus NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, MLB Network, Big Ten Network, FOX Soccer, FUEL TV, Universal Sports Network and over 20 Regional Sports Networks. No penalty for cancelling after 30 days
I cant't find how to order the free preview online. It's my roomates account. I'll have him call later

krebs303 said:
Dish is offering a free trail of Universal Sports from Wednesday, Aug 15th -
Tuesday, Aug 28th.
It seems to be bundled in their multi-sports package for $9usd along with access to NFL RedZone plus NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, MLB Network, Big Ten Network, FOX Soccer, FUEL TV, Universal Sports Network and over 20 Regional Sports Networks. No penalty for cancelling after 30 days
I cant't find how to order the free preview online. It's my roomates account. I'll have him call later

ROTFL of course they are AFTER I Paid to get it...geez :eek:

To get the whole channel(s) packages you need for cycling it is $100 per month. But last week the only race I had to be home to see live streaming was San Sabastian. Utah was on one of those regional channels, next week CO is on and all of the Vuelta is on so I can record, live my life, and watch when it suits me and replay as I desire :)

Mar 16, 2009
Carols said:
ROTFL of course they are AFTER I Paid to get it...geez :eek:

To get the whole channel(s) packages you need for cycling it is $100 per month. But last week the only race I had to be home to see live streaming was San Sabastian. Utah was on one of those regional channels, next week CO is on and all of the Vuelta is on so I can record, live my life, and watch when it suits me and replay as I desire :)
We get the 200 channel package for $59 a month then add the sports package for another $9

Carols said:
Multi Sport package doesn't have NBC Sports either, it has Universal...how did you watch le Tour and PN, PR, LBL, RVV etc, etc, etc?

For $15 you could have downloaded the Tour App for iPad or for $30+ we watched the Tour online on demand ...then we plugged the computer into our tv to watch on demand on the bigger screen.

mewmewmew13 said:
For $15 you could have downloaded the Tour App for iPad or for $30+ we watched the Tour online on demand ...then we plugged the computer into our tv to watch on demand on the bigger screen.

That's nice but doesn't allow me to record it and make a compilation dvd for watching years later or whenever I want :) I'm older, I want what I want, when I want it LOL.

I have a library all the way back to 1978, I just pick something when I'm in the mood and I watch it.

I'll have to Buy a compilation of the 2011 Giro because I only saw it on-line (hooked up to tv with HDMI cable) and can only replay it off of Universal site the same way. Not what I want!!!

Like they took away Strada Bianchi and T-R...I would have made dvds of those and maybe even Basque it was a great race! But it's all gone because I couldn't record it :(

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Carols said:
That's nice but doesn't allow me to record it and make a compilation dvd for watching years later or whenever I want :) I'm older, I want what I want, when I want it LOL.

I have a library all the way back to 1978, I just pick something when I'm in the mood and I watch it.

I'll have to Buy a compilation of the 2011 Giro because I only saw it on-line (hooked up to tv with HDMI cable) and can only replay it off of Universal site the same way. Not what I want!!!

Like they took away Strada Bianchi and T-R...I would have made dvds of those and maybe even Basque it was a great race! But it's all gone because I couldn't record it :(
Wow! Looks like you two have a similar problem! I really feel for you.
14wr21v.jpg

nowhereman said:
Wow! Looks like you two have a similar problem! I really feel for you.
14wr21v.jpg

:D
Well, my bottom line is I don't like paying huge fees to cable co's so if I can I watch free online whenever I can...I broke down and paid the stinking fee once for the spring pkg...then, as carols said, they took the replays away from us.

It's all about not having huge sums to spend on tv....:eek:

Mar 16, 2009
Carols said:
Multi Sport package doesn't have NBC Sports either, it has Universal...how did you watch le Tour and PN, PR, LBL, RVV etc, etc, etc?
the vuelta isn't on nbcsports its on universal. Everthing else I been streaming.
Mew I can't stream nbcsports here it's geo-restricted.

So we each select the solution that works best for us...for me it is all the US channels that carry cycling with ability to record on dvr and burn to dvd and I'm willing to pay $100 per month to get it. Right now I have everything I want :) If DISH were to drop Universal or NBC Sports I would puke LOL!!

TRENDING THREADS