• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vultures, Vampires and Doping

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yes, even as I type these words I can hear their wings flapping overhead as they circle closer and closer, eyeballing my yet to be posted post. Once I hit that "submit new thread" the Vultures are followed by the blood sucking Vampires who pick up the scent and move in for the feast. This compulsive obsession with exposing the "rampant doping in the peloton," especially in regards to Mr. Armstrong, reflects a growing trend we see on a global scale where the "have nots" can not stand not having what the "haves" have. They never made it to the podium of life so they're going to suck all the life out of this forum by inundating us with their own obsessive views of reality .

Why do they do this so incessantly? Because they need to be heard. They want attention. It's a mental thing for them. They could care less about approval. Approval is emotional and they don't "feel" the effects they have on the environment here. They are numb.

It's all about showing everyone who visits here that they are in the know. They are knowers of truth and what is real, and they must pass on their insightful cognitions to us, over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It doesn't matter if we "get it or not." It's not about persuading the ignorant here to see the light. They could care less about whether we believe or not believe what they expound. It's about them being perceived as possessing something that gives them meaning for their existence.

Had they learned humility, they would have posted their opinions on the subject a couple of times and left it at that. But, they simply cannot contain their addiction to reading what they post, over and over and over and over. It will never stop because it is a disorder. They can't help themselves. They can't break the habit. They are addicted to it and they thrive on seeing their words on the net. They are selfish, greedy and here is where they prove it.

But wait. Maybe it's not their fault. Maybe they are on dope, too? Maybe their obsession reflects their personal addictions to prescribed and/or non-prescribed drugs. These might not be the kind of drugs that enhance ones performance on a bike, but who cares. Pop a few, get on the forum and show'em whose boss. Just maybe their obsession to expose the dark side of cycling doping world is their subliminal message to us all of "hey, help me, I'm addicted, too." Maybe deep down they are crying out for help; over and over and over and over.

Let's see what happens now. I can hear the fangs gnashing.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey, man, I'm hard on their heels. :p Been doing a little bit of altitude training (after losing some feathas; moulting, etc.). It's great up here! Just love the air.

Been trying out my new Trekked-out, aero rounded nose-cone in some local TTs and crits (no, not hemato-crits). Do I ever feel "high"....

Where's Tommeke? Can I meet any French "chicks" (or, even better, some podium gals) up here? Maybe George can give me some tips? :D

Bon voyage a la Tour! Enjoy.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
An amusing take on what motivates the rabid hateboys. :D

Can I draw your attention to this - http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=1561

Maybe one of these days someone in 'authority' will reply to the suggestions made there. Maybe this forum can even get the reorganization and proper moderation it so desperately needs. The single most important change (imho) would be a separate forum for all dope related discussions, perhaps with sub fora where the hateboys can post insinuations, innuendo and lies that remain just this side of being libelous. Maybe another sub forum where Bro can post blood values and stats to his heart's content would be a good idea too.

Do you not think this hate mantra cuts both ways?

The whole idea of public forums is to debate and to do that, you need a variety of opinions.
One man's truth is another man's lies.
Evidence, however circumstantial or impeachable you may feel it to be, is acceptable material for discussion. It does constitute more than innuendo.

Face it. Take away the issue of doping and most criticising those who persistently post on the subject, would themselves disappear from the boards, having little to fuel their angry replies.

Censorship does have that effect. Silence.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Mello

I have to disagree there are posts that get started that want to talk about riding and racing, but too many of the 'senior members'!!! (contradiction in terms) always bring it back to doping with their myopic ranting and I'm not just talking about LA but everyone. Of course there are serial offenders but they seem to be the majority at times !!

It just gets tiresome and dull, and while I have been accused of being a troll it is sometimes the only way to show these people up for what they are !!

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Dr Phil, is that you? :p

And what Mellow said. For every hater there's a blind fanboy. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but extreme polarisation and heavy emotions are so much more fun than logic and reason :D

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Robert Merivel said:
Maybe they are on dope, too? Maybe their obsession reflects their personal addictions to prescribed and/or non-prescribed drugs. These might not be the kind of drugs that enhance ones performance on a bike, but who cares. Pop a few, get on the forum and show'em whose boss. Just maybe their obsession to expose the dark side of cycling doping world is their subliminal message to us all of "hey, help me, I'm addicted, too." Maybe deep down they are crying out for help; over and over and over and over.

I find it tough that you pick on people within the forum that possibly could have substance abuse problems......

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Do you not think this hate mantra cuts both ways?

The whole idea of public forums is to debate and to do that, you need a variety of opinions.
One man's truth is another man's lies.
Evidence, however circumstantial or impeachable you may feel it to be, is acceptable material for discussion. It does constitute more than innuendo.

Face it. Take away the issue of doping and most criticising those who persistently post on the subject, would themselves disappear from the boards, having little to fuel their angry replies.

Censorship does have that effect. Silence.

Censorship? That is your word and your prerogative to use, which I fully embrace and request of you if we are to be free to speak our minds. However, this is not about truth or lies or censorship, this is about an infectious dis-ease that certain posters bring to this forum almost every time they post. If doping disappeared, they would not disappear. They have a disorder and their addiction to that insatiable desire to be heard would manifest with some other the beef they have with the harsh, cruel world that they so perfectly have created around themselves. That is the beauty of this whole thing. THEY have become exactly what they are so vehemently trying to expose and appear to be against. They have the same dis-ease as those who dope... the same motive! The obsessive need to be something more than what they are.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
I find it tough that you pick on people within the forum that possibly could have substance abuse problems......

are you one of those? If so, maybe you should take a dose of your own medicine, like a self imposed ban from this forum for 2 years?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
Now, now, why don't you two just go about your business and get back to insulting others. Go with your strengths.

There have been no insults here until you entered with your subtle foray, IMHO. Is that your strength? Is that how you normally express yourself, your style, in your "250" posts?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
Now, now, why don't you two just go about your business and get back to insulting others. Go with your strengths.

Of course, my post is merely an opinion.

Don't be so disingenuous. The above is not an opinion. Technically, it is a question, but it certainly reads like the veiled insult you intended.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Robert Merivel said:
Isn't that what life's all about, anyway? Have some fun, explore, stretch ones boundaries a little bit here, a little bit there? Think outside the box? And, of course, as you so appropriately called it: don't take it personally. How can we? We have absolutely no idea who anyone else is at this site. It could be one person pretending to be 100 or 1000. How can anyone possibly take any of these words personally. It would be ludichrist. Contain the Ego/small self, take responsibility for everything that happens in ones life, passionately put in the miles on the bike and enjoy the Bliss.

It's all an illusion, anyway.

Go Lance, stick it to the reptilians!

Yes, just another opinion.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
neil69cyclist said:
Mello

I have to disagree there are posts that get started that want to talk about riding and racing, but too many of the 'senior members'!!! (contradiction in terms) always bring it back to doping with their myopic ranting and I'm not just talking about LA but everyone. Of course there are serial offenders but they seem to be the majority at times !!
Difficult not to talk of doping! As said Kohl or Ullrich, there is a lot of doping, so it's difficult to avoid it.

To keep it in front of our thread we are putting pressure on UCI to fight it.

Thanks Nobody. I'd like to think that while I've posted a profusion of posts on doping, that I've tried to be as informative as possible, and non-accusatory in the process.

It is indeed a serious problem, and more than anything else dragging our sport down. Passing on information helps fight that.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Of the last 15 years there is significant evidence the majority of top level pro's doped. This is by test, backdated tests, confessions and testimonies. Closing your eyes doesn't make it go away.

The guy who won the TdF most times is according to independent tests guilty (if dated), and there are testimonies. Closing your eyes doesn't make it go away.

The problem is that the "haters" have evidence and science by their side. The beleivers have their faith.

I confess. I'll take evidence over faith. Cycling is completely dominated by dope. I still have respect for them as they are still elite athletes who bring me much enjoyment by seeing them perform... but I have more respect for a JJ who tries to be honest.

A

Anonymous

Robert Merivel said:
Yes, even as I type these words I can hear their wings flapping overhead as they circle closer and closer, eyeballing my yet to be posted post. Once I hit that "submit new thread" the Vultures are followed by the blood sucking Vampires who pick up the scent and move in for the feast. This compulsive obsession with exposing the "rampant doping in the peloton," especially in regards to Mr. Armstrong, reflects a growing trend we see on a global scale where the "have nots" can not stand not having what the "haves" have. They never made it to the podium of life so they're going to suck all the life out of this forum by inundating us with their own obsessive views of reality .

Why do they do this so incessantly? Because they need to be heard. They want attention. It's a mental thing for them. They could care less about approval. Approval is emotional and they don't "feel" the effects they have on the environment here. They are numb.

It's all about showing everyone who visits here that they are in the know. They are knowers of truth and what is real, and they must pass on their insightful cognitions to us, over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It doesn't matter if we "get it or not." It's not about persuading the ignorant here to see the light. They could care less about whether we believe or not believe what they expound. It's about them being perceived as possessing something that gives them meaning for their existence.

Had they learned humility, they would have posted their opinions on the subject a couple of times and left it at that. But, they simply cannot contain their addiction to reading what they post, over and over and over and over. It will never stop because it is a disorder. They can't help themselves. They can't break the habit. They are addicted to it and they thrive on seeing their words on the net. They are selfish, greedy and here is where they prove it.

But wait. Maybe it's not their fault. Maybe they are on dope, too? Maybe their obsession reflects their personal addictions to prescribed and/or non-prescribed drugs. These might not be the kind of drugs that enhance ones performance on a bike, but who cares. Pop a few, get on the forum and show'em whose boss. Just maybe their obsession to expose the dark side of cycling doping world is their subliminal message to us all of "hey, help me, I'm addicted, too." Maybe deep down they are crying out for help; over and over and over and over.

Robert Merivel, meet irony. Irony, meet Robert Merivel.

TRENDING THREADS