• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

waiting on the good word from Ekimov

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Something about Ekimov that was such a dirty feeling. ..I know some think it's anglo-related but really it was only with Ekimov that I felt the need to shower after watching him ride.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately almost all of the Soviet/Eastern Bloc riders have massive question marks over them due to the State approved doping regimes that were around at the time... regardless that many of them were probably clean as...

I don't know about Eki, really don't. I've been beaten by him, and in turn I've beaten him. Could be that he's a natural; or it could be, as inferenced, an example of systematic 'assistance'...

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Eki. I clearly remember him on USPS, when LA chased Simeoni and LA did the "zip your mouth" move. Eki spat, literally spat on Simeoni. What a pig.

lactictac said:
Eki. I clearly remember him on USPS, when LA chased Simeoni and LA did the "zip your mouth" move. Eki spat, literally spat on Simeoni. What a pig.

Are you serious?!:eek:

I feel sick just reading it. And he is hired by Katusha? Makes me want to puke, omertà all over the place.

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Walkman said:

I feel sick just reading it. And he is hired by Katusha? Makes me want to puke, omertà all over the place.

Yeah... excerpt from: http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=6762
re: Stage 18 of the 2004 TdF

"Whether Simeoni is a liar who lied to get a reduced ban or a rider who saw the error of his ways and has tried to come clean and speak out about dopage will be decided by the Italian legal system in due course. However, the sight of the maillot jaune and his team acting “like playground bullies” has only further tarnished cycling's battered image.

Lance Armstrong, a rider who rightly called spitting fans on the Alpe d’Huez “disgusting,” should remember that he and his team have an example to set. Sadly both he and his team fell far short of those expectations on the final days of the Tour."

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Walkman said:

"Whether Simeoni is a liar who lied to get a reduced ban or a rider who saw the error of his ways and has tried to come clean and speak out about dopage will be decided by the Italian legal system in due course. However, the sight of the maillot jaune and his team acting “like playground bullies” has only further tarnished cycling's battered image.

Lance Armstrong, a rider who rightly called spitting fans on the Alpe d’Huez “disgusting,” should remember that he and his team have an example to set. Sadly both he and his team fell far short of those expectations on the final days of the Tour."

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
PosterBill said:
Actually, Ekimov was not mentioned much in that report (Or was he at all?) ...
you are correct, not directly mentioned.

But 3 of his current and one former rider(s) are being investigated by Roberti who is about to level a new charge against ferrari. Katusha under ekimov may not finish the 2013 season due to multiple doping indictments...

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not that, what I DID notice...

esafosfina said:
Yeah... noticed Eki was pretty quiet through all this... shall we mention the Panasonic days, let alone Soviet era?

mls205.jpg

People talk about "the jaw". What about "the tits"? Can peds to that to a guy?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't Eki the team leader back in 1998? So definitely on the "A Team", so people can't say he wasn't part of the "A Team" shenanigans.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Ekimov?
He´s one of the lowest. In a league with Vino and Rumsas.
What did Vino say? Well it was like this "We (from the east) are here to make money, we f... on your western moral standards". This guy who bribed, doped and lied his way to victories.

shojii said:

Pozzato, Peron and Guerini abused him too. Peron got told off and Pozzato was fined.

Pieces of ****

TRENDING THREADS