• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

wanna ask Wiggins about doping

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Benotti69 said:
RobbyBobson - Bradley, if you were going pint for pint with the rest of the TdF peloton, who would fall under the table first...and who would be the one going off for a kebab at 4am?

Wiggins - First under would be Mark Cavendish, last under would probably be someone like Carlos Sastre.
WIGGO: "CAV CAN"T HOLD HIS LIQUOR" SHOCKER!
Surely this deserves it's own thread.

The Cobra said:
The only interesting thing for me was Wiggins saying his FTP this year was 6.3W/kg. If Wiggins was at 6.3 and getting killed in the mountains what the hell is Contador and Schleck at, 7W/kg?? I was under the impression that anything over 6 was suspicous.
Schleck and Contador's powerfigures have been covered in another thread, but I believe they were around 6,0-6,2 W/Kg.

The 6,3 W/Kg Wiggins is talking about was probably a test done while almost completely rested, so it seems legitimate. He doesn't say anything about the length of the climb either.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
What Wiggins understands under functional threshold might very different from the conventional understanding of the anaerobic threshold at around 4mmol/l - 60min all out performance.
He certainly didnt push 6,3 Watt/kg at Avoriaz/Madeleine/Ax3/...

Mr Wiggins, do you read Cycling News Forums? If not Team Sky Fans has been wasting his time ;)

hrotha said:
Somehow I doubt saying "LeMond" would have been a PR disaster...

Not everything has to do with doping.

I thought he would say Lemond because the one of the few times he got asked something by the British Media it was, what was the greatest moment in cycling or something to that effect, and his answer was Greg Lemond beating Laurent Fignon by 8 seconds.

Im disapointed by his answer to the Giro. At least say that its a very important race rather than just dismiss it ffs. Lost a bit of my respect. The top 5 at this years Giro are bettergt riders than Wiggins.

maltiv said:
Schleck and Contador's powerfigures have been covered in another thread, but I believe they were around 6,0-6,2 W/Kg.

The 6,3 W/Kg Wiggins is talking about was probably a test done while almost completely rested, so it seems legitimate. He doesn't say anything about the length of the climb either.

He couldn't cope with the heat. British trait. I've been on training camps with riders who happily push 375 Watts for an hour on training rides in the UK who were blowing up trying 300W up a 40 minute climb in the height of the Southern French Summer.

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:
Mr Wiggins, do you read Cycling News Forums? If not Team Sky Fans has been wasting his time ;)
I think he pops in, if not in person, he may well send his wife in

The Hitch said:
Im disapointed by his answer to the Giro. At least say that its a very important race rather than just dismiss it ffs. Lost a bit of my respect. The top 5 at this years Giro are bettergt riders than Wiggins.

Ditto. If riders have the "its all about the tour" attitude the british public will also have an "its all about the tour" attitude :/

TRENDING THREADS