• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

wasted talents

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
pugdog said:
To quote what he himself says, if it's raining he won't train, unless it rains four days in a row, in which case he might use the trainer. He likes croissants for breakfast, so he'll have half a dozen of them if he wants.

He really doesn't like physical contact in the peloton, so he stays right at the back with the result that he is almost always caught out if there are echelons formed. I believe it was Cyril Guimard who said Moncoutié has one of the biggest 'motors' in cycling today. It shows, when he decides to ride hard he usually does very well. He even came 5th in a TT I believe, though it had some climbs. can't remember which race it was or when. Sorry.

thats excellent I love it

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
pugdog said:
To quote what he himself says, if it's raining he won't train, unless it rains four days in a row, in which case he might use the trainer. He likes croissants for breakfast, so he'll have half a dozen of them if he wants.

He really doesn't like physical contact in the peloton, so he stays right at the back with the result that he is almost always caught out if there are echelons formed. I believe it was Cyril Guimard who said Moncoutié has one of the biggest 'motors' in cycling today. It shows, when he decides to ride hard he usually does very well. He even came 5th in a TT I believe, though it had some climbs. can't remember which race it was or when. Sorry.

This is exactly why I love Moncoutie. When he puts his mind to something, he does it though. He wanted to win the KOM at the Vuelta and did exactly that. I'm sure he could accomplish more.. but maybe he would be as content and pleasant?

mulletCobra said:
This is exactly why I love Moncoutie. When he puts his mind to something, he does it though. He wanted to win the KOM at the Vuelta and did exactly that. I'm sure he could accomplish more.. but maybe he would be as content and pleasant?

ruts exactly the same as me. Why should he follow in everyone else's footsteps. He's enjoying his caeerer and its has been relativity successful

May 23, 2011
Visit site
mulletCobra said:

Andy Schleck appears to be using the same plan.

Damiano Machiavelli said:
Andy Schleck appears to be using the same plan.

i_see_what_you_did_there_super_151974984.jpg

TRENDING THREADS