• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watch Our for Bears !

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
http://www.bicycling.com/training/fitness/ultimate-interval

This biker in this above link wasn't so lucky

for real

May 2015 I was riding my cross bike on a gravel road just outside of Missoula MT south of Swan Lake and saw a Grizzly Bear. Fortunately there was a gorge between him and the road. I saw something move out of my periphery thinking did a tree just move? It was hard to tell but I stopped and it was a griz on a tree stump. I could distinguish it immediately as its profile showed the razor humpback they have. In addition he caught my stare. With no experience other than visual from afar I didnt wait around to learn more. Riding away looking over the shoulder all the time. It was freighting

It is for this reason I will never attempt the Tour Divide or a solo free camp ride up in that part of the world.

Latest posts