• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watch out RadioShack

A

Anonymous

It will be interesting to see what Vino does at the Giro, podium possibility? Maybe a roughie...

Perhaps contador will realise that if Astana stays protour, he is contracted to that team no matter what. One more year with them, and then he can make his own team backed by F.Alonso..

Assuming Astana get invited to the tour, then i think he will be able to convince the DS that he can hand pick half the team himself. Probably, 5 spaniards and 4 kazakhs (inc Vino), but a lot harder for him to win the TDF with that squad compared to the talent he had this year

Radio will have to gang up on him with LA, LL and AK and maybe even CH, so Astana may end up using Vino as a decoy

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Vino should be interesting at the giro, he likes to attack almost as much as the Italians do but I think he might struggle wth the Dolomites, those are some hard hills and multiple days in them tend not to suit his style.

Mountain Goat said:
It will be interesting to see what Vino does at the Giro, podium possibility? Maybe a roughie...

Perhaps contador will realise that if Astana stays protour, he is contracted to that team no matter what. One more year with them, and then he can make his own team backed by F.Alonso..

Assuming Astana get invited to the tour, then i think he will be able to convince the DS that he can hand pick half the team himself. Probably, 5 spaniards and 4 kazakhs (inc Vino), but a lot harder for him to win the TDF with that squad compared to the talent he had this year

Radio will have to gang up on him with LA, LL and AK and maybe even CH, so Astana may end up using Vino as a decoy

The problem is there are only 4 Spaniards currently under contract right now. They have a surplus of Kazakhs (5), but I can't see any Spaniards or any other nationalities for that matter (obviously other than Kazakhs) signing up to be a member of the 2010 Kazakh team.

A

Anonymous

more news that isnt really news isnt it..

what confuses me is why is the thread called "watch out radio shack".. surely "contador staying at astana", or "vino wants to ride the giro" or something would more relevant.. i dont see anything about radio shack in the article..

Why not watch out saxo bank, or cervelho, or lotto?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
more news that isnt really news isnt it..

what confuses me is why is the thread called "watch out radio shack".. surely "contador staying at astana", or "vino wants to ride the giro" or something would more relevant.. i dont see anything about radio shack in the article..

Why not watch out saxo bank, or cervelho, or lotto?

I like "Contador does not get his team" - or perhaps, "Contador to show he can do it alone." ;)

A

Anonymous

CentralCaliBike said:
I like "Contador does not get his team" - or perhaps, "Contador to show he can do it alone." ;)

or contador screwed, shafted or any other word you choose..

(interesting that you can say shafted but you cant mention d1ck van dy.ke)

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
The problem is there are only 4 Spaniards currently under contract right now. They have a surplus of Kazakhs (5), but I can't see any Spaniards or any other nationalities for that matter (obviously other than Kazakhs) signing up to be a member of the 2010 Kazakh team.

I was under the impression that they would hire more spaniards (although I did think they had more than 4.. my bad)

I remember a few months back, when Vino came back he said he wants the squad to be a spanish-kazakh team, like Astana-Wurth was, so assumed that meant they would hire more at Senor Alberto's wishes.

But then again, you're prob right, who would want to sign up for Astana? (unless you're a second tier domestic looking to join any protour squad)

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
RadioShack will be a formidable team next year, but none of its riders will win. I assume LA, LL, and AK will secure a team win. A diminished astana team will only increase the chance of Andy Schleck winning the tour, however Contador is very strong. Vino will be very interesting to watch - he probably wont end up on the podium, but he will win stages. Astana will be in the 2010 TDF.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The only problem here is we are accepting Vino's word as truth. There is merit to the theory however I do not have faith in anything coming from this dudes mouth.

another theory is that he is in survival mode and in need of some media attention

TRENDING THREADS