• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watching Brabantse Pijl

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
As luck would have it I'm going to be in the Brussels area for the 16th of april, and what better to do than watch a bike race. I won't be driving but am happy to take the train to Leuven or Overijse or both.

Can anyone give any tips for watching Brabantse Pijl this year?

Thanks

I did something similar in 2007: Was in Brussels (with bike), rode to Halle to watch the finish on the Alsemberg.

Of course, back then it was a different finish, and the race was held on a Sunday. Now it's in Overijse and on a Wednesday, so my experience doesn't help you much - but I'd encourage you to do it, watching a race in Belgium is always great.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
You can take a bus to Overijsse and then walk to one of the climbs there. The final lap goes right through the centre of Overijsse and they do it a couple of times, so you'll get to see the riders a couple of times. :)