• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Waterproof Jacket: Adriano / Rapha Rain / Others...

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
hello,

I'm having difficulty choosing a waterproof / breathable jacket. Ideally it would great if it was light weight and packable in a jersey pocket. (Maybe it's only fair to call shells packable and not jackets?)

Castelli Adriano is with the new gore-tex active shell, apparently their most breathable fabric.

Rapha Rain Jacket doesn't list material or specs but seems to get super reviews for waterproof and breathability.

Also MCipollini rain jacket has good specs for waterproof / breathability, 150g(packable!) and not so expensive. But I can't find my size(m):mad:

Anyway, does anyway have experience with any of these jackets, or know the weight? It's not that I'm counting grams, more for wondering if it's possible to stuff it in a pocket, because I have the Mavic Spray (Gore-tex paclite) but it doesn't fold down small and is 300g which is a bit much for a jersey pocket. Also it doesn't breath well (however it has a lot of venting) and seems only suitable for heavy rain or super cold weather.

Ok I hope for some good feedback!

Thanks in advance...