• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WC road 2010 Kolobnev or ... (who win)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Depends on form and targeting of course, but under the presumption that every single cyclist out there will target it, id say Pozzatto, Haussler and Freire, in that order.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Too hard to call this far out, Geelong can turn on some very miserable days in October which could turn it into a lottery.

I will be making my pick the night before the race.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If Boonen can start in the Vuelta then I see him as a serious contender.

Other then that, I think Gilbert can also win there.

If Boonen can't participate in the Vuelta I hope he'll work as a domestique for Gilbert instead.

I like the Gilbert/Freire matchup. The Belgians have a bit of firepower, but Freire may be the most resilient man in the peloton--especially at Worlds.

The Italians won't feature. (I look forward to eating those words in October.)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Final straight is tough! The climbs on this course are actually quite steep! At least some of the internationals will get to see one of the finest cities in the world which is ACF94's home!:)

At the top of the 1st/main climb there are ptihes of 17.1%! :eek:
Evans or Gilbert ftw!

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope all the cyclists have enough brain cells to make sure Cavendish drops off before the last kilometer.

And I hope we don't get a repeat of Roubaix/Flanders. With that I mean Cancellara escaping 30km from the finish and all the other cyclists being too jealous of Boonen to work together and -try- and pull Cancellara back. Might as well give the win to Cancellara then on a silver platter while they're at it.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Oscar Freire ALL THE WAY!

He wasn't so good at La Grande Boucle but he is always on top form for the WCs... I know that at the end are a quite steep sections but I think that this course suits him quite well...!