• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Weekend gut watch - just how big will it be?

How big will Lance's gut be?

• Bargearse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Poll.

Big weekend ahead of us: We all exspecting Lance to bomb this weekend but the racing is of little conern. More importantly the size of his waistline will everyone talking.

Just how big will it be? Pictures to be posted as updates come to hand.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Impossible to tell as he - and the 'mighty' Radioshack - are notable only by their invisibility in CI at the moment

Armstrong may have bombed, but Radioshack rode as well as anyone. 3 in the top 10.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
To finish in the top half of the field on a day when the course was difficult enough to cause seven riders to finish outside of the time limit should hardly be considered a 'bomb' day on the bike.

The fact that Contador was dropped on the ultimate climb shows that the main Tour contenders are nowhere near their top form right now.

I am impressed by Evans' early season form and by the strong showing of Radioshack in general.

Radioshack is clearly using this weekend to test the legs of some of their riders to determine who will make the TdF squad and to get some racing miles into Lance's legs. I'd say they had one of their most successful days of this year's season.

I'm no Fanboy for LA or his team, but it is definately too early in the year to count them out completely. I doubt if any of the other teams have written them off as a joke as easily as some posters on this forum have.

Tomorrow's time trial should be pretty fun to read about. I think the LA vs. AC rivalry will be fueled nicely by their respective results tomorrow evening.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
David Suro said:
To finish in the top half of the field on a day when the course was difficult enough to cause seven riders to finish outside of the time limit should hardly be considered a 'bomb' day on the bike.

The fact that Contador was dropped on the ultimate climb shows that the main Tour contenders are nowhere near their top form right now.

I am impressed by Evans' early season form and by the strong showing of Radioshack in general.

Radioshack is clearly using this weekend to test the legs of some of their riders to determine who will make the TdF squad and to get some racing miles into Lance's legs. I'd say they had one of their most successful days of this year's season.

I'm no Fanboy for LA or his team, but it is definately too early in the year to count them out completely. I doubt if any of the other teams have written them off as a joke as easily as some posters on this forum have.

Tomorrow's time trial should be pretty fun to read about. I think the LA vs. AC rivalry will be fueled nicely by their respective results tomorrow evening.

I think that you are being very generous, David. Whilst the RS team is made up of heavy weights, they are collectively acting like lightweights. I see no reason so far this season why Astana, Saxo Bank, Cervelo or HTC Columbia should be taking them seriously in terms of the Tour or Vuelta.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
LugHugger said:
I think that you are being very generous, David. Whilst the RS team is made up of heavy weights, they are collectively acting like lightweights. I see no reason so far this season why Astana, Saxo Bank, Cervelo or HTC Columbia should be taking them seriously in terms of the Tour or Vuelta.

They appear to have plenty of domestiques on form...pity these on form domestiques don't get together and do something, maybe try to win something. Machado tried, full credit, but is horner really saving himself for the TT? why wouldn't he try for a few seconds and a stage win?

Jonathan said:
Bargearse was new to me, but I enjoyed it so much he got my vote. Let's give him some more - he deserves it.

Fart jokes never go out of fashion.

Get Armstrong a tashe and he to will be Bargestrong.

m_7dbcd9c1a1ca47f089f8f69b2d573ccb.jpg

bargearse.JPG

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
I have to admit that Armstrong appeared slim around the waist when he appeared with his team for the sign-in compared to what photos we had been seeing of him.

I noticed that too. I guess the projectile squirts slimmed him down some. Still not on climbing form, but he didn't appear big at all.

TRENDING THREADS