• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to the CN Forum - Come and introduce yourself

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Hello Everyone,

It's been a long time coming but I'm pleased to unveil [insert drum roll] the Cyclingnews Forum. As you can see we've created a selection of folders based on disciplines and themes taken from our current site navigation. We'll be adding more folders and sub folders over the coming days and weeks as we poll the topics you, our readers, are talking about.

We'll also be improving the look and feel of the forums over the coming weeks as we move towards a total redesign of the site but we really want to take this exciting opportunity to allow you to post your feedback as and when things happen.

So let us know what sections or sub sections you want to see in the Forum, and stop by our About the websitefolder to see what's coming up in the future. For an extensive run down on features such as private message, avatars and profiling please click here.

But before you all run off to sign up, here are some tips on how you can help this community flourish in its pioneering first steps:

Think before you post: We all have different views and opinions but please be tolerant of others. Think of the forums like a big bar or pub ; there's room for everyone to get along.

Don't slam: Some beginners and might not be clued in on forum etiquette and standards. Show them patience.

Don't hijack: If a user has started a thread don't try and hijack it and take it off topic. There's plenty of room for your thread too.

Be respectful: Moderators have the ability to warn, ban and potentially remove member from the forums if they're acting in an inappropriate manner. Please don't make us push the button.

General moderation: CN will not be actively vetting each post or thread but we will be on hand to take action on anything our users flag up. If anything concerns you and appears to be either offensive or libellous please notify us by clicking on the red and white triangle above each post. We're also on the look out for moderators from our community so if you think you're up to the task drop us a line.

Signatures contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes,etc. Personal blogs or websites are acceptable. For-profit, or any type of
company or organization where money is being exchanged is NOT acceptable. If you wish to advertise on this web site, please contact advertising@cyclingnews.com

And before I forget, I'd like to introduce you to the CN team. They'll be online to answer your questions:

Laura Weislo Features and Production Editor US.

Sue George Mountain Bike Editor and Production Editor US

Peter Hymas Production Editor US

Stephen Farrand Production Editor UK

Les Clarke Production Editor Australia

Greg Johnson Production Editor Australia

James Huang Tech Editor

Please introduce yourselves to the team here. We don't bite...

Thanks

Daniel

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Daniel - this is great! Can't wait to discuss pro racing with like-minded people :)

Just testing the edit feature

And now i'm talking to myself

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
Cyclingnews forum

Hi Daniel
Well done on setting up the forum. Its great now that all of us cycling fans have someplace to discuss our great sport. Keep up the good work,
Regards
Aidan

A

Anonymous

Well it's about time! haha! j/k! Glad to see this forum up and running.

BTW, I was referred by Greg Johnson. Thanks for letting me know about the forums Greg!

TTYL,
Gary

A

Anonymous

Gee333 said:
Well it's about time! haha! j/k!

Well, tbh it is about time - I've wanted a forum on Cyclingnews since I started working for the site in late 2000!

I can already tell this is going to eat up a lot of my time! Is there really such thing as too many cycling forums? NO WAY! I'm super excited for this and thank you guys alll for your hard work in developing it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
New to forums

Thanks for the Forum Cycling News. I've never used one before but cycling is mt favorite topic. Could someone give me a rundown on some of the Forum lingo, i.e. "slam, hi-jack, etc.?" Hope to learn more about the greatest sport in the world

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello all, the forum looks really good & cyclingnews is by far the best news site. Will there be a market place? Or is membership too international for it to work?

Cheers, lippy

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
nice to see the site get a forum. CN is a very good site, as mentioned above a daily visit is a must. :). Hopefully this forum can find the balance between overmoderation and allowing a total free for all. Looking forward to some nice balanced conversation with no personal attacks as we see all to often on other forums.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Terrible idea this forum. I spend about half an hour a day already on CN, just scouring reports etc. Now a forum? You will be sited either in a divorce case or an employment tribunal, I have every confidence;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
lippy the lion said:
Can't see a forum link to access it from the cyclingnews homepage.

Cheers, lippy
Exactly, I was going to point this out as my first post as well. I think there should be a link to this forum from the main cyclingnews page!

A

Anonymous

Chief Commissaire said:
Is there a way to add an avatar?

Click on 'User CP' to get to your personal info control panel and choose 'Edit avatar'

Avatars have to be no bigger than 80 x 80 pixels and about 19kB in file size.

TRENDING THREADS