• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Well done Tommy Voeckler

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
He is never going to win a Grand Tour or probably a classic for that matter but for his pure guts, bravery, fighting spirit, and being all round nice guy, Tommy Voeckler is one of my favourite cyclists in the peloton. Delighted to see him win a stage today after all these years and breaks he has been part of. Take a bow Thomas, delighted for you.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
agreed 100%. I actually took him off my Fantasy Team. I knew he would try and fight like hell but thought he wouldn't succeed. Was glad to see him get one though. What a genuine character he is!

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
He's like a small less talented wobbly as sh!t Jens Voigt, but I too love to see him animate race after race. Well deserved win today!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Spanky said:
He is never going to win a Grand Tour or probably a classic for that matter but for his pure guts, bravery, fighting spirit, and being all round nice guy, Tommy Voeckler is one of my favourite cyclists in the peleton. Delighted to see him win a stage today after all these years and breaks he has been part of. Take a bow Thomas, delighted for you.

pelOton please.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Spanky said:
He is never going to win a Grand Tour or probably a classic for that matter but for his pure guts, bravery, fighting spirit, and being all round nice guy, Tommy Voeckler is one of my favourite cyclists in the peleton. Delighted to see him win a stage today after all these years and breaks he has been part of. Take a bow Thomas, delighted for you.

Couldn't agree more. Well done Tommy, well deserved. Now watch him nick a second one! :p

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Agree with everyone.

Voeckler does a great job animating races and it's nice to see him succeed on the sport's biggest stage.

Hope the win keeps his team in business.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Milessio said:
+2.

Admired his grit & determination since he gained yellow 5 years ago.

Especially the day he fought like hell to hold on to jersey the first day in the mountains. I remember him helmetless with the jersey open battling up the final climb to stay in yellow over Armstrong by 20 odd seconds.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Now watch him dine off it for the rest of his career like he did with the yellow jersey in 2004. But anyway congratulations to him, he was smarter then the rest of his break away buddies, so congratulations to him once again.

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
It's a shame we didn't get an aerial shot of him and the peloton in the last 2K.

Phil and Paul kept admonishing him for looking back at the chasers. I don't think it was Timmer or Ignatiev, but the whole mass of riders he was looking at.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Thought Voeckler was only tasked to steal tv time. Guess he was as much surprised about his stage win as I was. Watch his face when he approach the finishing line.:confused:

He surely is an entertaining rider.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I am definitely happy to see him win today. I like his style, but if he didn't go on a lot of the crazy attacks he does and raced a little smarter I think he could win more.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Snake8 said:
He's like a small less talented wobbly as sh!t Jens Voigt, but I too love to see him animate race after race. Well deserved win today!

Perfect! Yeah, he's always up there trying, determined, grimacing. That's the way the Tour should be!

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Snake8 said:

HA! That is funny, he does look like a wobbly Voigt!! Good call.

Spanky said:
Especially the day he fought like hell to hold on to jersey the first day in the mountains. I remember him helmetless with the jersey open battling up the final climb to stay in yellow over Armstrong by 20 odd seconds.

Stage 13 2004 Tour on Plateau de Beille. That was a great fight, probably his second best ride now....

Congrats Voeckler,well deserved.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
slowoldman said:
HA! That is funny, he does look like a wobbly Voigt!! Good call.

Stage 13 2004 Tour on Plateau de Beille. That was a great fight, probably his second best ride now....

Congrats Voeckler,well deserved.

I love watching that clip on youtube. My favorite part is when he rounds the corner, sees the time and pumps his fist because he know's he'll keep yellow for one more day. He had this look of pure joy, exhaustion, satisfaction, and relief all at once...

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Great to see Tommy win, for some unknown reason i put a bet on him to win the stage as i was thinking there would be a chance of a breakaway staying away from the peleton... :D