• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What a crock

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I couldn't make it through that article. Just nonsense propaganda.

As to the "one man world", he is also surrounded, or at least protected by quite a few who will follow him 'til the end. No amount of evidence would deter them. Many would even continue to deny if he confessed. Witness, the article itself.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I couldn't make it through that article. Just nonsense propaganda.

As to the "one man world", he is also surrounded, or at least protected by quite a few who will follow him 'til the end. No amount of evidence would deter them. Many would even continue to deny if he confessed. Witness, the article itself.

they frequently post here quite a lot too:rolleyes:

but for all the hangers' on he is living in a 'one man world', ask any champion when they hit rock bottom and have nothing. should LA hit the very bottom i think he'll find that he is the lonliest man in the world and he is now as well because all those around him see something that is a lie...sad but c'est la vie.

luckyboy said:
"Semantics has played a large part in the investigation of Lance Armstrong. The word "dope" broadly conjures up things like heroin. But nothing remotely like that has been involved."

:confused:

My god the shock tactics. Heroin! Growth Hormone is not as bad as heroin!

In saying all this Lance likes his blow. It's not heroin. But fairly addictive. Maybe cancer suffers could do a few lines to ease the pain? Lance we look up to you.

I guess its time to form an opinion on the Armstrong, he's been in the news lately and I don't suppose I can avoid it any longer. I will compare him with another known doper,

AC LA

Denies ever doping Yes Yes

Became rich on denials Yes Yes

Deceived fans Yes Yes

Threatened lawsuits Yes Yes

Charity based on this deception Yes Yes

Has superfans Python Flicker

Lets see, carry the 1, solve the polynomial-polynomial with a hook...

I think this LA doped.

ingsve said:
Well, I wouldn't expect any better from the Huff Po. They constantly run articles that promote anti-vaccination propaganda and other unscientific articles. I have no faith in their reporting.

It also seems that half of what they cover is just celebrity gossip garbage. It's become a pretty trashy website.

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
i think that is the point, right?but the caveat is, all this takes place on non US territory. maybe some extraordinary rendition is called for. things can be very muddy when politics come in to play. and they are for sure.

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you here. Unless Lance decides to permanently camp out in Girona or his place in France, why would "extraordinary rendition" come into play? Are the Feds planning to abduct Hein Verbruggen in Holland and forcibly deliver him to some courthouse in the Ninth Circuit?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ergmonkey said:
Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you here. Unless Lance decides to permanently camp out in Girona or his place in France, why would "extraordinary rendition" come into play? Are the Feds planning to abduct Hein Verbruggen in Holland and forcibly deliver him to some courthouse in the Ninth Circuit?

I would pay money to see that.

ergmonkey said:

He has a house in Swizterland as well. Helps with tax. Also neutral territory. Think he will hole up there for a while. Transfusions & eutheuasia are legal.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
the point of the article seems lost on some people. can a US citizen be charged in the US for using nonperscribed drugs, purchased in Europe,used in France.
i am not a fan or unfan on LA. but the question was just very plain.
Novistky is trying to tie it in to USPS being a government agency and Lance
being on the USPS team. we shall see.

Again folks and the writer are missing the point of this quote in response to DEA's mission:
"to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the United States, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States..."
If Lance participated in the actual acquisition for distribution, knew about a similar organized act (and didn't report it) or help fund such and acquisition he is guilty of just that. It doesn't matter if he took drugs...get it?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Well, I wouldn't expect any better from the Huff Po. They constantly run articles that promote anti-vaccination propaganda and other unscientific articles. I have no faith in their reporting.

completely agree. Puff Ho is a more appropriate name for that site. It is so filled with trivia, new agey BS and misinformation that I feel kind of dirty having read the story at the link in the original post.

Just the fact that there is an article on the puff ho defending armstrong is almost compelling evidence that he must be guilty.

Oldman said:
Again folks and the writer are missing the point of this quote in response to DEA's mission:
"to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the United States, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States..."
If Lance participated in the actual acquisition for distribution, knew about a similar organized act (and didn't report it) or help fund such and acquisition he is guilty of just that. It doesn't matter if he took drugs...get it?

the DEA is not doing the investigation, or did i miss something?
i thought they gave a basic non answer to the question.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
the DEA is not doing the investigation, or did i miss something?
i thought they gave a basic non answer to the question.

You are correct on their response. In the context of Lance taking drugs/doing time; that's not the tack being taken by USADA, DEA or anyone else and that's why the apparent non-answer. If the pressure of being exposed taking drugs compels him to give testimony disclosing sources of PEDs they might be interested. Huff Po article focuses on the use by an athelete while DEA describes what they would pursue via the mission statement.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
ergmonkey said:
Try asking the above question again with a fraud charge and the following three elements in mind: U.S. employer; U.S. employee; U.S. contract.
The article is BS. The fact that you think US..everything is important..Is the fact that a US prosecutor/his or her office leaking all kind of data about secret proceedings not bothersome? This is the kind of thing that is used in the 3rd world. Go after Lance, no big deal but this should be a mistrial before it starts

A

Anonymous

fatandfast said:
The article is BS. The fact that you think US..everything is important..Is the fact that a US prosecutor/his or her office leaking all kind of data about secret proceedings not bothersome? This is the kind of thing that is used in the 3rd world. Go after Lance, no big deal but this should be a mistrial before it starts

What info has come from Novitsky?

Mistrial on what grounds?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:

Unless you know something we don't Lance hasn't been charged with anything. There are also no leaks about evidence coming from the US Attorney's office and the little b*tt nuggets that come from Lance's pre-defense team are stale and tasteless. Lance will be backwash in the investigation if it really has teeth. Remember Novitsky was after Balco, not Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Mark Maguire, Sammy Sosa....all names bigger than Lance.

BullsFan22 said:
Well, I guess once you go this far and lie this much, you might as well keep going. I am sure it's been awhile since he's realized he is lying. He's lied so much, he is actually believing more and more. I sure hope he doesn't go brain dead.

to quote another great philosopher from our time:

george costanza said:
"Just remember...it's not a lie if you believe it"