• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What are some of the best American downhillers?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
And how do they rank up against the europeans you think?

I'm especially interested in North-American riders, as I have pretty good knowledge of South-American riders. I use them for my eurotour db and I don't know too well their skills in this department.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
I don't mean downhil mtb but downhil road cycling

Currently I'd be hard pressed to id anyone. Landis was OK but one of the best I recall was one of his teammates on Mercury, Kirk Willett. No fear, smaller profile. You could hear the crashes behind us on a steep descent.

Oldman said:
Yes. Don't care about downhill MTB. Can't afford more broken bones.

Haha, I see. I know this will be major off-topic but so I will already tell you that I am sorry. So, since you clearly is online and care for Bode, will he be racing in 2011 or was the Olympics the end he wanted?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Walkman said:
Haha, I see. I know this will be major off-topic but so I will already tell you that I am sorry. So, since you clearly is online and care for Bode, will he be racing in 2011 or was the Olympics the end he wanted?

We're definitely off topic, now. I would doubt he'd continue unless sponsors lined up. He was retired once and got drawn in specifically for the Olympics (presumably well-sponsored). While it's possible he'd try again in four years he knows as well as anyone the accumulative wear & tear to ski race.