• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
377470_2148856100261_1970901679_n.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Nice, cadelcrybaby. I had a few of those on a recent trip to the Netherlands and Belgium.

For most of us, this news about Budweiser is hardly surprising. Further evidence of the superiority of local craft beers and fine Belgian brews. It really is like drinking pi$$!

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
elapid said:
Nice, cadelcrybaby. I had a few of those on a recent trip to the Netherlands and Belgium.

For most of us, this news about Budweiser is hardly surprising. Further evidence of the superiority of local craft beers and fine Belgian brews. It really is like drinking pi$$!

The first comment on the article is priceless..."I wasn't aware is as possible to waterdown water.".., or something like that:D

cadelcrybaby said:
[La Chouffe]

They serve it on tap in my local. You can get the usual 33cl format plus a colossal 70cl glass. One of those and you're done for the evening.

A bit sweet for me and the alcohol note occupies too big a profile in the taste, which is surprising at only 8% abv.

That's rather strong too for a straight blonde: prefer a tripel for this alcohol content or a lower blonde. So I tend to pass up La Chouffe in favour of St Feuillien or Maredsous 6 on tap.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There's a newer SoCal brewery making a limited release (seasonal?) bourbon barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout.

16% ABV and is boozy... which I am perfectly ok with.:D

Hangar 24 Pugachev's Cobra

IMG_8624.jpg

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
Looks bloody marvellous! How do they hide the heavy alcohol on that one? Lots of molasses flavours?

Yes. molasses, oak, leathery coffee with hints of vanilla. But you clearly get the bourbon.

Big, big beer.

Somebody need to tell Race Radio about this one. Once had he may never recover:D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Here is a visual journey of my recent trip through the Netherlands:

Beer2_zps7e3043c7.jpg

The Orval was my favourite. I also really enjoyed the La Trappe Quadrupel (one of two non-Belgian Trappist breweries) and Westmalle Trippel (as per usual).

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
elapid said:

. . .

The Orval was my favourite. I also really enjoyed the La Trappe Quadrupel (one of two non-Belgian Trappist breweries) and Westmalle Trippel (as per usual).

I'm jealous. I'm currently off beer entirely, as I can't drink beer and lose weight - it doesn't work! :(

They all look delicious! Beer is good food!

:)

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
elapid said:

Beer2_zps7e3043c7.jpg

Looks like a fantastic trip:D

Mrs SoCal and I visited the La Trappe (De Koningshoeven) brewery last year. The brewery tour is well worth the time. I was struck by the automation... pretty forward thinking monks making great decisions, or so it appears.

They are starting to experiment with oak barrel aging their beer. The oak aged quad and the Isid'or are just fantastic.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Just back from trip to Brussels/Bastogne/Luxembourg.

Needless to say, the list is too long to post (or I'm just lazy).

But oh, how I do enjoy the Belgian browns and triples :)

skål!

TRENDING THREADS