• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some collogues got me a variety case of beer to drink while I recover from surgery (does that make it medicine?. Its from Mother Earth Brewing, and I have tasted most of their beers, but not their lager because I tend not to enjoy clear beer. The Tierra Madre Lager is good. IMO it would be even better on a 100 degree day.

Tricycle Rider, you should be able to get this one near you.

What kind of surgery, if I may ask? I would be careful with the booze if you're on narcotics or any post-op meds that booze may interfere with, but otherwise I wouldn't hesitate sipping on some delightful libation for New Year's. :D

I'll see if they have the beer your colleagues had bought you, I had never heard of it. Market of Choice might have it, they still have that Boise beer I had posted about a while back. It must be popular with the locals, otherwise the beer steward wouldn't order it.

Reactions: jmdirt
Yep, that sure does qualify as medicine

Yes sir. I’ve been self medicating for decades. It’s impossible to pin down a favorite but I’ve found myself gravitating in this direction recently;

Westmalle_Tripel_900.jpg

What kind of surgery, if I may ask? I would be careful with the booze if you're on narcotics or any post-op meds that booze may interfere with, but otherwise I wouldn't hesitate sipping on some delightful libation for New Year's. :D

I'll see if they have the beer your colleagues had bought you, I had never heard of it. Market of Choice might have it, they still have that Boise beer I had posted about a while back. It must be popular with the locals, otherwise the beer steward wouldn't order it.
I had a chunk of carcinoma cut out. No pain meds for me but I did stay away from alcohol for the week after surgery.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Some collogues got me a variety case of beer to drink while I recover from surgery (does that make it medicine?. Its from Mother Earth Brewing, and I have tasted most of their beers, but not their lager because I tend not to enjoy clear beer. The Tierra Madre Lager is good. IMO it would be even better on a 100 degree day.

Tricycle Rider, you should be able to get this one near you.

I just got back from my biannual trip to Market of Choice and checked if they had the Mother Earth beers, they didn't, I thought if anyone in Eugene would have it they would. Ah well, at least they still have Woodland Empire's Big Sticky, I'm currently enjoying a can (or three) of it. I still think it's a nice beer and I just love the graphics on the can.

Reactions: joe_papp and jmdirt
I usually do an early summer brew hop to taste the 'summer beers'. I didn't do it in 2020 and I'm not ready yet in 2021 so I went to the coop and got six different lagers/pilsners to taste. The winner is:

Very refreshing, and lots of flavor for a pils.

Um, it almost feels like sacrilege to ask this but, are there any decent non-alcoholic beers out there? Personally I won't touch the stuff because I fail to see the point, but it's for my elderly, very wobbly dad who can't afford to get any wobblier, but he still enjoys his beer.

I'm aware of the existence of O'Doul's and St. Pauli N.A., are there any others that might actually taste like beer?

Um, it almost feels like sacrilege to ask this but, are there any decent non-alcoholic beers out there? Personally I won't touch the stuff because I fail to see the point, but it's for my elderly, very wobbly dad who can't afford to get any wobblier, but he still enjoys his beer.

I'm aware of the existence of O'Doul's and St. Pauli N.A., are there any others that might actually taste like beer?

I think Bud and Coors have versions and there's several others. Not only have I never tried any of them, I don't know anyone who has. The reason I know about them is because over the past several months I was putting ads up for them in several grocery stores. I would suspect the Bud/Miller/Coors/whichever other big brands that have them would taste close to their regular stuff.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider

I saw were some discussion about non alcoholic beer.. Their flavors are very good and taste wise you can't tell the difference. Both of these brewers due things w running and cycling events..

I like almost any dark beer, the lighter shades forgetaboutit! I switch up all the time, right now I'm into a rather simple low-cost dark beer, Negra Modelo, it has a fine taste to it, not nearly as strong as my favorite Dragons Milk Imperial Stout, but it's a nice change of pace. I think it's by far the best Mexican dark beer on the market in the USA.

I did try a locally made dark beer a couple of weeks ago, but I was not impressed, can't think of the name of it, but I actually hated it.

I like almost any dark beer, the lighter shades forgetaboutit! I switch up all the time, right now I'm into a rather simple low-cost dark beer, Negra Modelo, it has a fine taste to it, not nearly as strong as my favorite Dragons Milk Imperial Stout, but it's a nice change of pace. I think it's by far the best Mexican dark beer on the market in the USA.

I did try a locally made dark beer a couple of weeks ago, but I was not impressed, can't think of the name of it, but I actually hated it.

You won't go wrong

Great Northern has become popular in Australia. It comes from Cairns in far North Queensland - 16.92°South of the equator.

I discovered Great Northern on a trip there in 2015. Since then it has become popular Australia wide.

It is described as having a super crisp and refreshing taste, to suit the sunny Queensland conditions. I can concur with that!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-klarpn3XU&pp=ygUNYmVlciBpbmR1c3RyeQ%3D%3D

I enjoyed this series of videos, Anchor Steam is a beer I drank for many years. One reason was it was served in restaurants I went to before craft beer exploded and I considered it a treat when I went to the liquor store. Sierra Nevada is a long,long time sponsor of many things in bike racing, and I buy it from time to time. They also sell the beer in some big bottle format that I like, one big instead of 2 or 3 smaller ones.
Not sure if this is the video, but I am fascinated by the fact that alcohol free beer is the fastest growing segment of the market and where I shop, the variety of alcohol free has grown ..noticeably. I have had a few and find the high end names I have tried tasty

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-klarpn3XU&pp=ygUNYmVlciBpbmR1c3RyeQ%3D%3D

I enjoyed this series of videos, Anchor Steam is a beer I drank for many years. One reason was it was served in restaurants I went to before craft beer exploded and I considered it a treat when I went to the liquor store. Sierra Nevada is a long,long time sponsor of many things in bike racing, and I buy it from time to time. They also sell the beer in some big bottle format that I like, one big instead of 2 or 3 smaller ones.
Not sure if this is the video, but I am fascinated by the fact that alcohol free beer is the fastest growing segment of the market and where I shop, the variety of alcohol free has grown ..noticeably. I have had a few and find the high end names I have tried tasty
I drink beer partly for the alcohol though.

I drink beer partly for the alcohol though.
Didn't drink beer during NFL, due to my friends trying to kill me by alcohol poisoning on Friday.. I may fill fridge w a variety and see if my beer and team choice have any connection. Don't know if there is a such thing as lucky beer and if so the 30+ flavors I have guzzled during Charger games didn't work!! Or maybe I can list the unlucky brands that did or didn't cause Chargers to choke!!
Don't remember it ever being great like described

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS