What beer ya drinkin'?

Page 65 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some collogues got me a variety case of beer to drink while I recover from surgery (does that make it medicine?. Its from Mother Earth Brewing, and I have tasted most of their beers, but not their lager because I tend not to enjoy clear beer. The Tierra Madre Lager is good. IMO it would be even better on a 100 degree day.

Tricycle Rider, you should be able to get this one near you.

What kind of surgery, if I may ask? I would be careful with the booze if you're on narcotics or any post-op meds that booze may interfere with, but otherwise I wouldn't hesitate sipping on some delightful libation for New Year's. :D

I'll see if they have the beer your colleagues had bought you, I had never heard of it. Market of Choice might have it, they still have that Boise beer I had posted about a while back. It must be popular with the locals, otherwise the beer steward wouldn't order it.

Reactions: jmdirt
What kind of surgery, if I may ask? I would be careful with the booze if you're on narcotics or any post-op meds that booze may interfere with, but otherwise I wouldn't hesitate sipping on some delightful libation for New Year's. :D

I'll see if they have the beer your colleagues had bought you, I had never heard of it. Market of Choice might have it, they still have that Boise beer I had posted about a while back. It must be popular with the locals, otherwise the beer steward wouldn't order it.
I had a chunk of carcinoma cut out. No pain meds for me but I did stay away from alcohol for the week after surgery.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Some collogues got me a variety case of beer to drink while I recover from surgery (does that make it medicine?. Its from Mother Earth Brewing, and I have tasted most of their beers, but not their lager because I tend not to enjoy clear beer. The Tierra Madre Lager is good. IMO it would be even better on a 100 degree day.

Tricycle Rider, you should be able to get this one near you.

I just got back from my biannual trip to Market of Choice and checked if they had the Mother Earth beers, they didn't, I thought if anyone in Eugene would have it they would. Ah well, at least they still have Woodland Empire's Big Sticky, I'm currently enjoying a can (or three) of it. I still think it's a nice beer and I just love the graphics on the can.

Reactions: jmdirt
I usually do an early summer brew hop to taste the 'summer beers'. I didn't do it in 2020 and I'm not ready yet in 2021 so I went to the coop and got six different lagers/pilsners to taste. The winner is:

Very refreshing, and lots of flavor for a pils.

Um, it almost feels like sacrilege to ask this but, are there any decent non-alcoholic beers out there? Personally I won't touch the stuff because I fail to see the point, but it's for my elderly, very wobbly dad who can't afford to get any wobblier, but he still enjoys his beer.

I'm aware of the existence of O'Doul's and St. Pauli N.A., are there any others that might actually taste like beer?

Um, it almost feels like sacrilege to ask this but, are there any decent non-alcoholic beers out there? Personally I won't touch the stuff because I fail to see the point, but it's for my elderly, very wobbly dad who can't afford to get any wobblier, but he still enjoys his beer.

I'm aware of the existence of O'Doul's and St. Pauli N.A., are there any others that might actually taste like beer?
I think Bud and Coors have versions and there's several others. Not only have I never tried any of them, I don't know anyone who has. The reason I know about them is because over the past several months I was putting ads up for them in several grocery stores. I would suspect the Bud/Miller/Coors/whichever other big brands that have them would taste close to their regular stuff.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider

ASK THE COMMUNITY