• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What books to use to train with power meter?

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I am about to start training based off of power and want to make my own training schedule/ workouts etc. What book(s) should I read so I can do so using a power meter? I have seen Training and Racing with a Power Meter by Hunter Allen, but it sounds like a beginning's book. Any suggestions???

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
cerealius said:
I am about to start training based off of power and want to make my own training schedule/ workouts etc. What book(s) should I read so I can do so using a power meter? I have seen Training and Racing with a Power Meter by Hunter Allen, but it sounds like a beginning's book. Any suggestions???

That's actually the book that was recommended to me and I found it invaluable. Lots of good information.

cerealius said:
I would suggest it covers many aspects of training with power, from the basic (like what meters to use and how to start out) to the relatively complex (such as topics like aerodynamic field testing with a power meter and estimating a rider's maxmimal accumulated oxygen deficit from a pursuit power meter file).

The latter are hardly what I call "beginner" topics.

And if you are new to using a power meter in training, then by defninition you are a beginner at using a power meter.

TRENDING THREADS