What did "Actovigen" write on VN.com?

Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
Sep 14, 2010
212
0
0
Absolutely well put comments about how JW didnt' ask a single hard hitting question.

Nothing was absurd or inappropriate. What happened to American freedom of speech?
 
Actovigen.. Wow!

I just did a search for the term Actovigen on VeloNews' site and discovered that name has *tons* of deleted comments with comments specifically named names and places with references to match.

Here's a fun one: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tjQKCwWtDRcJ:velonews.competitor.com/2010/10/news/bernhard-kohls-former-manager-gets-15-month-suspended-sentence_145962+Actovigen+site:velonews.competitor.com&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

The follow-up comment to a removed Actovigen post:
"Bill Stapleton was Armstrong's agent. Was not aware that he is a "target" & investigation for "federal fraud." Where are you getting this info? Can you cite me an article with link? "

Another Actovigen comment deleted with a follow-on comment:
"Okay, thanks for the link"

Whew! Goldmine. More digging required.

I believe this is where my special IT skills can come in handy. This is going to take a good, long while though.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
washedup said:
Absolutely well put comments about how JW didnt' ask a single hard hitting question.

Nothing was absurd or inappropriate. What happened to American freedom of speech?
I know I'm often accused of wearing tinfoil headgear when it comes to conspiracy theory, but Velonews simply can no longer hide from the fact that they deliberately fail to adequately cover the topic of doping. I guess they like their Trek ad revenue too much to urinate in the soup.

The fact is, if you're interviewing McQuaid today, you'd only be a good journalist if at least 2/3 of your questions had to do with the topic of doping.

I guess JW still wants to talk about top-tube length regulations.

Velonews used to be a racer's racing publication. Now it's run by a bunch of "weak as kittens" Boulder roadies who only look forward to xross season. Idiots.
 
Sep 14, 2010
212
0
0
someone please try to find the original comment and repost! I am no a member at the site... and don't have the time tonight. BS. Total BS.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
washedup said:
someone please try to find the original comment and repost! I am no a member at the site... and don't have the time tonight. BS. Total BS.
Don't bother registering at Velonews. All you can do is comment on articles, and they heavily censor the posts. Any time someone posts something of true substance with links to sources, they delete it. VN is Omerta in action.
 
Oct 8, 2010
451
0
0
BotanyBay said:
I know I'm often accused of wearing tinfoil headgear when it comes to conspiracy theory, but Velonews simply can no longer hide from the fact that they deliberately fail to adequately cover the topic of doping. I guess they like their Trek ad revenue too much to urinate in the soup.

The fact is, if you're interviewing McQuaid today, you'd only be a good journalist if at least 2/3 of your questions had to do with the topic of doping.

I guess JW still wants to talk about top-tube length regulations.

Velonews used to be a racer's racing publication. Now it's run by a bunch of "weak as kittens" Boulder roadies who only look forward to xross season. Idiots.
Velonews and especially its editor Charles Pelkey are typical Colorado biker dudes who suffer from chronic altitude sickness when it comes to holding the powers-at-be in this sport accountable. Whether it's the corrupt cabal at USA Cycling or the UCI, Pelkey & Co. are only capable of tossing up the infrequent AFP feed that keeps the Boulder crews' hands clean so they can maintain their bro relationships in the sport.

And John WilCOCKson sells himself as the pulse of European cycling but if you read his articles over the years, the guy never even mentions doping once throughout the 1990's or early 2000's. The guy has his head up his *** and talks about cycling in some quasi-romantic BS Cinderella story. He's no different than the pump-and-dump analysts on Wall Street who were in cahoots with the corporate fraud just to inflate their stock value....except they at least have the decency to admit they were frauds in private emails whereas JW and CP are still patrolling the news comments and sterilizing it with their bro-attitude.
 
Apr 28, 2009
493
0
0
BotanyBay said:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/11/news/inside-cycling-with-john-wilcockson-state-of-the-union-interview-with-pat-mcquaid-part-1_151356



Actovigen usually posts interesting things. Did any of you catch what he posted before Pelkey took it down?
it was quite tongue in cheek - I'm paraphrasing here but something about he hopes Zajicek's girlfriend was feeling better because she was obviously ill by the amount of drugs purchased on the internet.

Speaking of vn - did you guys see Rodger's tweet - I guess he didn't like being called biased:
To: Haters; CC: Everyone; Subject: Shades of Gray; Message: I'm sorry life is not black & white. Please direct your anger elsewhere. Thnx, n
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
I think it was something like this

Hey John,

Maybe in the second part of the interview you could ask some questions about these topics

Walter Viru
We know from Jesus Manzano and Floyd Landis that Viru was the guy who gave the USPS team riders advanced notice of "Surprise" testing. Given that Viru was recently arrested for running a doping clinic at the same time he was running a UCI testing lab perhaps it would be a good thing to investigate this conflict of interest?http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/another-spanish-doping-ring-uncovered-by-police-raids

Blood Values.
The UCI has been tracking blood values for a decade. We know that you warned Tyler Hamilton and Levi about their crazy blood values.http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2006/hamilton_appeal

http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/sport/aktuell/rad_-_neues_buch_garantiert_positiv_-_levi_leipheimer_in_der_tour_2005_mit_auffaelligen_blutwerten_1.7088624.html

We know that Landis had his highest Hct level, higher then the limits Phonak agreed on with the UCI, in the 3rd week of a GT. Even McQuaid has said that rider Hct should drop in the third week.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-tests-show-cycling-is-cleaner-mcquaid-says . If the UCI has been following Hct's levels for over a decade why did they continue to insist publicly that they did not have a doping problem when they knew this was not the case?

Rassmussen
The UCI rules in 2007 were clear. If a rider missed one Out Of Competition (OOC) test in the 6 weeks prior to a Grand Tour they cannot start that Grand Tour. Rassmussen missed 6 OOC test in the run up to the Tour but the UCI did say anything unitl the start of the Tour. Why did the UCI ignore their own rules?

Did it have anything to do with Verbruggen and Armstrong's attempt to buy the Tour? http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/once-he-dominated--now-lance-could-own-the-tour/2008/09/19/1221331205913.html. The deal failed when Armstrong and Verbruggen could not come up with the financing. Did the UCI withhold the information in order to cause maximum embarrassment to the Tour and reduce the price the asset Verbruggen was trying to buy? Prudhomme thinks so “Verbruggen wanted to buy the Tour, but we said ‘No thanks,’ so now he wants to get the price down,”

Conflicts of interest
Most people would agree that it is a huge conflict of interest for a rider to give money ($125,000-$5000) to a governing body. Many would also say that it is a conflict for that rider to team up with Verbuggen in an attempt to buy the sports largest event. Would Pat also agree that there is a conflict of interest in the way the McQuaid family uses the sport as it's personal piggy bank? Pat's brother organizes UCI races and sponsorships. His son is an agent for many rider. His nephew was given a job, thanks to Armstrong, at Oakley. Does Pat see how this could be seen as a conflict of interest?

I could go on but you get the idea.....
 
Jul 6, 2010
2,340
0
0
Race Radio said:
I think it was something like this

Hey John,

Maybe in the second part of the interview you could ask some questions about these topics

Walter Viru
We know from Jesus Manzano and Floyd Landis that Viru was the guy who gave the USPS team riders advanced notice of "Surprise" testing. Given that Viru was recently arrested for running a doping clinic at the same time he was running a UCI testing lab perhaps it would be a good thing to investigate this conflict of interest?http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/another-spanish-doping-ring-uncovered-by-police-raids

Blood Values.
The UCI has been tracking blood values for a decade. We know that you warned Tyler Hamilton and Levi about their crazy blood values.http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2006/hamilton_appeal

http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/sport/aktuell/rad_-_neues_buch_garantiert_positiv_-_levi_leipheimer_in_der_tour_2005_mit_auffaelligen_blutwerten_1.7088624.html

We know that Landis had his highest Hct level, higher then the limits Phonak agreed on with the UCI, in the 3rd week of a GT. Even McQuaid has said that rider Hct should drop in the third week.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-tests-show-cycling-is-cleaner-mcquaid-says . If the UCI has been following Hct's levels for over a decade why did they continue to insist publicly that they did not have a doping problem when they knew this was not the case?

Rassmussen
The UCI rules in 2007 were clear. If a rider missed one Out Of Competition (OOC) test in the 6 weeks prior to a Grand Tour they cannot start that Grand Tour. Rassmussen missed 6 OOC test in the run up to the Tour but the UCI did say anything unitl the start of the Tour. Why did the UCI ignore their own rules?

Did it have anything to do with Verbruggen and Armstrong's attempt to buy the Tour? http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/once-he-dominated--now-lance-could-own-the-tour/2008/09/19/1221331205913.html. The deal failed when Armstrong and Verbruggen could not come up with the financing. Did the UCI withhold the information in order to cause maximum embarrassment to the Tour and reduce the price the asset Verbruggen was trying to buy? Prudhomme thinks so “Verbruggen wanted to buy the Tour, but we said ‘No thanks,’ so now he wants to get the price down,”

Conflicts of interest
Most people would agree that it is a huge conflict of interest for a rider to give money ($125,000-$5000) to a governing body. Many would also say that it is a conflict for that rider to team up with Verbuggen in an attempt to buy the sports largest event. Would Pat also agree that there is a conflict of interest in the way the McQuaid family uses the sport as it's personal piggy bank? Pat's brother organizes UCI races and sponsorships. His son is an agent for many rider. His nephew was given a job, thanks to Armstrong, at Oakley. Does Pat see how this could be seen as a conflict of interest?

I could go on but you get the idea.....
Oh, RaceRadio... I sure hope you're cute, 'cause I'm pretty sure I'm falling in love with you...
 
Geek Alert

Just as I thought, the 'removed' comments are available. It's not obvious as one has to have an understanding of how serving content works. But they are there.

So far, the recovered comments are really nothing special to anyone following along that suspects there is doping in the Pro peloton and the UCI's role therein.

The comment deletions at Velonews make them look really bad because the ones I found are just links to other stories from legitimate news sources. That's bad.

Actovigen's command of the topic is excellent.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
DirtyWorks said:
The comment deletions at Velonews make them look really bad because the ones I found are just links to other stories from legitimate news sources. That's bad.

Actovigen's command of the topic is excellent.
That's why I bothered to post this. I remember seeing the comments last night, thinking they were well-stated, polite and spot-on accurate.

But God forbid we criticize the great John Wilcockson or suggest he ask anything but the most benign questions in regards to doping.

Velonews is an apologist doper news journal.
 
RR is a legend guys.....I got banned from RBR for life over complaining about him getting banned there!!!! :D
Anyways, another person who may very well be posting on here is the guy who used to run the Cyclingfansanonymous blog. Absolutely brilliant for links and views on doping - but then he lost all faith around the time of the 'return' and stopped blogging.
There's another forum where moderation is extreme (ANTI-anti doping), BBC sport.
And this is why I would be very reluctant to annoy the mods on here. They really give us great freedom one way or the other and I think, whilst we can all lose the plot at times, we should never lose sight of this. It's only when you see the absolute bulls*** that exists on other forums that you appreciate this place - especially now that BPC is less and less prevalent.:)
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
Digger said:
RR is a legend guys.....I got banned from RBR for life over complaining about him getting banned there!!!! :D
Anyways, another person who may very well be posting on here is the guy who used to run the Cyclingfansanonymous blog. Absolutely brilliant for links and views on doping - but then he lost all faith around the time of the 'return' and stopped blogging.
There's another forum where moderation is extreme (ANTI-anti doping), BBC sport.
And this is why I would be very reluctant to annoy the mods on here. They really give us great freedom one way or the other and I think, whilst we can all lose the plot at times, we should never lose sight of this. It's only when you see the absolute bulls*** that exists on other forums that you appreciate this place - especially now that BPC is less and less prevalent.:)
I'm an early-years guy from RBR. I didn't know you could get banned from it. That was what I grew to hate about it. Kunich and Kurgan Gringioni (HenryChang) still there?
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
Just checked the Velonews web site and found absolutely no way to contact anyone let alone JW. Anyone have any idea as to how to do so? I know that the print edition used to list all editors info, but I haven't bought that piece of crap mag in a couple of years.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
spetsa said:
Just checked the Velonews web site and found absolutely no way to contact anyone let alone JW. Anyone have any idea as to how to do so?
Yeah. Keep posting right here and name them by name. Soon enough someone in the office will mention that people are talking crap about them. They can't resist looking.
 
BotanyBay said:
I'm an early-years guy from RBR. I didn't know you could get banned from it. That was what I grew to hate about it. Kunich and Kurgan Gringioni (HenryChang) still there?
They are talking about roadbikereview.com not rec.bicycles.racing.

Usenet has gone to crap, and I have not checked it for a long time. I think some of the old crew may still post there. There may be a forum where they have moved to because I remember stumbling across one not long ago while googling; it could have been a web based gateway to Usenet though.

It was hilarious how long some of those Usenet guys kept denying that there was a systemic doping problem. ACoggan posts here and he still maintains his "see no evil" approach; there is literally no athletic performance, no matter how outrageous, that might indicate the athlete is taking dope. I guess Coyle taught him well.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
0
0
It is clear that many sites have an agenda.

I think I first discovered the forums about 7-8 years ago. I had lived and raced in Europe and knew a bunch of people in the sport and figured that everyone knew the same things I did....boy was I wrong.

For years I was routinely verbally assaulted, called every name in the book, simply for questioning the myth. I was often banned for no reason, simply because many did not want to hear the truth. For a long period I stuck to just talking about races because the environmental made it useless to discuss the issues that faced the sport.

I few years back I decided to become more vocal as I saw that nothing was changing and the UCI was still a joke. At least now there are some reporters that actually ask the right questions and do not ignore the issues.

It is clear that Velonews has taken a step back. After the Landis emails became public VeloNews Editor in Chief Ben Delaney went on a few TV shows and gave a cringe worthy performance. He bent over backwards to pretend that the sport had no issues and anyone that questioned it is a bitter liar. I can kinda understand. He has a office full of people to employee and a magazine to sell.....he does not want to end up like Bill Mitchell

Bill wrote this almost 12 years ago....scary how it is still very valid now

I also received a lot of antagonism for daring to have an opinion - mostly from US readers. I could not understand why people (only a small minority), who grew up in the so-called land of freedom were so intent on repressing free speech. After all it was your choice to click the link and there was no charge for doing so. But still I received many threatening and nasty E-mails on a regular basis. My employer (the University) was harassed. And lately these nasty types have been trying to encourage my sponsors to stop supporting the site. I guess these types wear white hoods around the place at times too. It made me understand how McCarthyism thrived in the USA. Lucky I live in a free society I thought.

And I cannot leave without commenting on the state of cycling administration around the world at professional and amateur levels. The international and national federations have been culpable in allowing drugs to be part of the sport. They have known all along about it. The only reason we get these pathetic statements from federations these days about stamping out drugs is because the French cops got into the act and started locking people up. Pathetic. In my own country, cycling is being damaged on a daily basis by an anachronistic, inept and corrupt organisation. The sport is badly promoted and barely alive. There are always selection scandals as favoured riders get put in teams in front of those who are not in the coterie. There are other scandals which get covered up.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
BroDeal said:
They are talking about roadbikereview.com not rec.bicycles.racing.

Usenet has gone to crap, and I have not checked it for a long time. I think some of the old crew may still post there. There may be a forum where they have moved to because I remember stumbling across one not long ago while googling; it could have been a web based gateway to Usenet though.

It was hilarious how long some of those Usenet guys kept denying that there was a systemic doping problem. ACoggan posts here and he still maintains his "see no evil" approach; there is literally no athletic performance, no matter how outrageous, that might indicate the athlete is taking dope. I guess Coyle taught him well.
The "dumbass" things gets really old after a while. I wonder if Papai stlll worships Lance.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY