• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What did YOU eat today?

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
The McDonalds vs Subway thread made me think about how often you guys eat basically... anything~!

Whether it'd be from inanimate objects to spoiled food to sheer wtf-why-eat-that

Hopefully I'll kick us off by being the role model that had a freakishly healthy day

-4 weetbix + soy milk

-homemade chicken corn soup

-a fuji apple

-multigrain bread sandwich with chicken, mayonaise, tomato and rocket leaves

-2 pieces of fish with mushroom and mushroom sauce, grilled tomato halves and cabbage

A

Anonymous

brunoncyryl said:
The McDonalds vs Subway thread made me think about how often you guys eat basically... anything~!

Whether it'd be from inanimate objects

which begs the question... .why?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
What I plan on eating today (a non-sport day):

Brekkie:
English Muffin with a shmear of sunflower butter, a dab of orange marmalade, and sliced banana on top.

Lunch:
Nonfat Greek style yogurt mixed with a fresh diced apple, chopped toasted almonds, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Dinner:
Scallops seared in a bit of olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon and a few capers; brown rice cooked with Herbs de Provence; fresh pear slices topped with gorgonzola and raspberry vinagrette.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Right now I'm eating a breakfast sandwich from Sonic with tater tots.

Throughout the rest of the day I will scatter 18-24 Bud Lights among random junk food.

I think all the necessary food groups are represented.

A

Anonymous

I went ahead and had a breakfast taco off the taco/gut truck that was beside the Freeway construction. It has all the good stuff, 3 slices of bacon with some pork sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, cheese, flour taco, processed picante sauce.

snack on some (couple of bags) pork skinz hot BBQ type.

For lunch I plan to get a SmashBurger ½ pound type with 6 slices of cheese, no lettuce, no tomato, no onions, with Jalapeños and did I mention cheese? Washing that down with some of the beer that made Milwaukee famous Schlitz (is that really true?).

Dinner will be the carb build. I plan to have about 12 to 18 beers that made Milwaukee famous. Followed by some single barrel shots.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
for breakfast so far I've had two espressos, two apples, one Torq gel (purple flavour with guarana), one Gu gel (blue roctane one) and two sesame, honey and almond ball thingies.

And fifty km's of rolling to steep roads.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Riley Martin said:
I went ahead and had a breakfast taco off the taco/gut truck that was beside the Freeway construction. It has all the good stuff, 3 slices of bacon with some pork sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, cheese, flour taco, processed picante sauce.

snack on some (couple of bags) pork skinz hot BBQ type.

For lunch I plan to get a SmashBurger ½ pound type with 6 slices of cheese, no lettuce, no tomato, no onions, with Jalapeños and did I mention cheese? Washing that down with some of the beer that made Milwaukee famous Schlitz (is that really true?).

Dinner will be the carb build. I plan to have about 12 to 18 beers that made Milwaukee famous. Followed by some single barrel shots.

No Red Lobster?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Honey Nuts and Almonds cereal for breakfast - with soy milk and coffee.

Taco Bell for lunch (this is the lunch almost 5 days a week) - the current menu is a cheesy bean and rice burrito (extra blend cheese), side of rice with blend cheese, and a soft potato taco - medium Mountain Dew

Two egg sandwiches for dinner

A

Anonymous

breakfast - crunchy nut cornflakes
lunch - bacon and egg sandwiches (4 rounds)
dinner - 2 chicken breasts, potatoes, veg, blah blah

along with a pack of cookies, half a box of jaffa cakes, 3 bags of crisps, and a 175g bag of peanut m&m's

1 vitamin B tablet, vitamin D tablet, cod liver oil tablet
15ml magnesium, 15ml calcium, L-glutamine tablet and amino acids (all stress related vitamins)

i rattle and i feel slightly sick

edit: and about 100g of peanuts

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Skipped breakfast on accident (thought I had a breakfast bar in the office and didn't). Took the kids to BK for lunch and since I was also hungry (remember, I didn't eat breakfast) I had a Whopper and frites (dammit!). Finished strong this evening with some chinese takie-outie and now typing while finishing with a Gentleman Jack.
I may not be a pro, but it is the off-season isn't it?:D

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Lifeshape said:
Skipped breakfast on accident (thought I had a breakfast bar in the office and didn't). Took the kids to BK for lunch and since I was also hungry (remember, I didn't eat breakfast) I had a Whopper and frites (dammit!). Finished strong this evening with some chinese takie-outie and now typing while finishing with a Gentleman Jack.
I may not be a pro, but it is the off-season isn't it?:D

You will pay for it when the hammer goes down on the bunch ride.

Breakfast: 8 wheetbix and yoghurt (before I go for my training ride, I won't have to eat for the whole ride)

After ride: Left over salad in the fridge

Lunch: Sandwhich, and chicken and pasta bake left over

Dinner: Have not had it since it is 5:45pm (Australian)EST.

A

Anonymous

breakfast #1 - 7am crunchy nut cornflakes
breakfast #2 11am - muesli
lunch 1pm - bacon sandwiches (4 rounds)
dinner - chicken, potatoes and salad
the usual dose of vitb, aminos, glutamine, vit d and magnesium.. ugh..
two packs of chrisps
and about 3 licqourie roots
and only 1 cigarette.. :D

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Pre-Breakfast

Small glass of orange juice with supplements
3000 mg fish oil
750 mg magnesium
multi-vitamin
extra B complex vitamins
800 i.u. vitamin E
3000 mg vitamin D
400 i.u. CoQ10
selenium
5-HTP

Breakfast

Three eggs fried in olive oil with a small portion of roast beef mixed in, topped with shredded cheddar cheese. A cup of coffee.

Pre-Lunch

Protein Shake with 20g whey protein and greens

Lunch

Spinach salad topped with grilled salmon, cranberries, bleu cheese, olive oil

Pre-Dinner

Protein Shake with 20g whey protein and greens

Dinner

Grilled chicken with steamed broccoli and a baked sweet potato

Dessert

Chocolate fondue with fresh berries and bananas, some red wine and a cookie

I FEEL GREAT !!!

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Some triscuts
handful of mixed nuts
3 slices of sandwich ham
venti latte
killer t-day dinner:
mushroom flan
mini bagette
turkey, mash, dressing, etc
pumpkin pie
cappucino
tums (too rich)

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Breakfast: ham/pepper omelette w/ rye toast

Snacks: Bagel, protein bar "chocolate sawdust"

Lunch: 2 ham/chicken sandwiches. Real ham, real chicken. Very nice.

Dinner: threw some veggies on a pita and called it a pizza. Hey, long day at work and two kids to bathe... no time to get inventive.

Due cappuccini at some point in the work day.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
I just had a Broodje Rookworst from the HEMA, tonight will be homemade Snert.

Love it.

The only thing I miss besides Maatjes/Hollandse Nieuwe and Smoked Mackerel from the fish market... I am currently using the 'polish' Kielbasa as a substitute, but it doesn't compare in juiciness.

Snert, boerenkool and hutspot I can make myself :) Thank god I don't like 'drop'...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
We had a belated Thanksgiving dinner last night. Lunch today was leftovers. Dinner tonight is leftovers.

Susan

We ordered an organic turkey 'for 6'. When we picked up the 17 pound ex-gobbler we soon figure it would be slightly more than we asked for. In the end, it fed 16 people over three days... Add to that tomato soup infused w/ red wine, sherry based gravy, mashed potatoes, carrot/celery/onion/sausage/herb stuffing, roasted veggies and cheesecake - all home made - and one can imagine that it's time to cut back a little on the chewing front...

Today I 'll be having whole grain cereal w/ skimmed milk and a prosciutto/lettuce/tomato sandwich... Dinner, undecided... :D

TRENDING THREADS