• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What did you get in the post today...

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

tommorow onwards the multitude of stuff i have on order..

the wifes xmas present
extra controllers for "buzz" on the ps2
a garmin 605
a memory card for the garmin
several pieces of bike clothing
under saddle bag
few co2 cannisters
a decemberists dvd (from the us so could take ages)
the wifes replacement driving licence

wonder what will arrive first.. :D

A

Anonymous

Co2 pump, and a memory card for my yet to arrive garmin...

bike is in DHL's depot in manchester
lock is in a courier depot in swansea
new clothing despatched today from kent
Garmin is currently unknown (well its in a sorting office in london), sent registered post friday, clearly registered post isnt as registered as it used to be..

dimspace said:
Co2 pump, and a memory card for my yet to arrive garmin...

bike is in DHL's depot in manchester
lock is in a courier depot in swansea
new clothing despatched today from kent
Garmin is currently unknown (well its in a sorting office in london), sent registered post friday, clearly registered post isnt as registered as it used to be..

you should have been filming the whole process. it makes for a good story.

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
you should have been filming the whole process. it makes for a good story.

bike is now 80 miles away in bristol...
i love online tracking.. :D

A

Anonymous

5ysq2v.jpg

this little beauty...

then realised i had no cable cutters...
sadly my winter gear did not arrive yet, so have had a quick hour out in a pair of combats tucked in my socks.. my gear is all to light for winter..

first 100 yards where the scariest of my life.. i thought for a minute i was floating down the hill without anything under me.. bear in mind my old road bike is from 1989 and weighs 20kg with shifters on the down tube and for the last five years ive been riding a 30kg mountain bike

trundling 11kg down the hill, was a frightening experience initially..
going uphill was like floating..

and gear changing.. OMFG!!!! just a nudge and a click and its done..

shame everywhere is icy as hell and we are going away tommoro.. :/

A

Anonymous

and yes.. reflectors.. :/ they are a legal thing on new bikes in the uk.. im not sure if i am allowed to remove them i need to check..

A

Anonymous

Laszlo said:
wouldn't reflective tape suffice ?

new bikes in the uk by law have to be fitted with reflectors, and it seems they have to supply basic lighting now as well..

just checked.. and it seems front a rear rights are law..
wheel reflecters arent so they can be removed
but rear reflectors and pedal reflectors are.. bit hard when there is no space, and impossible to have pedal reflectors on spd's

(edit: apparently you dont need reflectors on the rear or front if your lights flash)

the law is an ***

A

Anonymous

dunno, not been home for three days, but expecting some cards from the post office saying i have to collect

my winter cycling gear
and 2 decemberists dvd's

A

Anonymous

overtrousers (warm as hell and padded)
new winter shirt
thermal undershirt
new pairs of legs (unpadded)
new gloves

decemberists dvd #1 :D

A

Anonymous

A pedal spanner
and a bag to put the phone in that virgin sent me thats crap

A

Anonymous

ImmaculateKadence said:
A bank statement....my monthly reminder that the US economy is still in the proverbial sh!tter.

You get a statement of the whole economy... :eek: Or are you just representative of the average american.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
You get a statement of the whole economy... :eek: Or are you just representative of the average american.

Just the average American. I cringe everytime I see something dealing with personal finances. It's just a reminder of what I could be making or how much I'm losing.

I'm not complaining; it could be far worse. I'm fortunate to have a job and can still handle responsibilities, but the financial future of my generation is, shall we say....dim. ;)

I had a raincover arrive for my camera today. Need it in a couple of weeks when I'll be out on the water shooting a sailing world-championships.

Yesterday... a Cokin P filter holder, adapter ring and grad ND filter was delivered.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
A brochure from the United States Postal Service entitled "Do You Know the Warning Signs of Fraud?"

Yes really, I am not making this up.

In giant letters it says, "We're out to stop fraud . . . and you can help."

Subsections of the brochure are:

Warning Signs
Play it Safe
Fraud Facts
Get Involved
Delivering Trust
Delivering Justice

Just in time for Christmas from the US Postal Service. ;)