• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What does cavendish have to do

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
Just checked british cycling home page and there is no mention of him winning the last 2 road stages of the33rd KBC-Driedaagse De -Panne-Kosijde plus the sprinters jersey what does he have to to do to get mentioned i dont know why he bothered to ride the track if that the way British cycling treat him he as got to be the number one road sprinter in the world and now that he as lost the wieght he can hang on the climbs with the best sprinters there are as show in milan sanremo what odds on the green jersey in the T-D-F this yesr go cav go

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
BC werent to happy with with the mens team at the world so made them ride all the way back to the UK incl Cav who stopped at Belgium to race. Thats why theres not a lot of news on the website.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Wait for the olympics, he'll be everywhere then, I got a feeling BC are really track results orientated. But if he keeps doing what he is doing it won't be long before he is recognised as being one of the best sports people out of Britian.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
He needs to win another Classic without Armstrong competing in the same race - even the BBC managed to ignore Cav winning MSR at the first attempt but lavished endless coverage on the collarbone.

Still fail to see how endlessly reporting on someone whose crashed out of a race is focusing attention on cycling - but not reporting a feat like Cavendish's was just a disgrace.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Wait for July

Everything will fall into place in July when Cav wins the green jersey at the Tour. Right now, Cav's participation in the ToF is the only thing that motivates me to watch that shiatty race!
He is a winner and got that mentality which other sprinters don't have.

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
The British Cycling website isn't a British cycling news media portal. It is a news outlet for the federation, which means a focus on the domestic scene and the national team.

It's not as if Cav is the only British rider getting results on the continent being ignored. Wiggo's TT win didn't get coverage and neither did Hammond's stage win in Qatar. I'd actually argue that Cav is getting better coverage than any other British pro in Europe because he does get some coverage which other's don't. For example, Cav's 2nd Qatar win was covered when Hammond's first wasn't.

Graham.

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
I agree but as he is the best pro british rider and british cycling are using him for track they should at least put all the british pro riders results up or stop piggy backing on there results when its suits them the mentality of the british pros to get placing and win races is what we need to instill in to all are riders there is nothing wrong with wanting to win rather than just competing we need more riders with cavs mentasllity which is i am here to win not just to compet

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I don't see your point? Ultimately, BC is not a general cycling news website. It has posted some of his major wins to keep casual browsers updated, but it is not there to carry out the same role as, say, cyclingnews.com.

And I don't get your point about "piggy backing when it suits them"? When have they done that? There was an issue with the British media using photos of Cav as part of the Sky announcement, but that was the media and not BC...

Graham.

TRENDING THREADS