• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

what ever happend to Jamie Burrow

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
What ever happend to Jamie Burrow.He was the #1 ranked u23 in the world when lance scooped him up, but he disappeared after being released

Good interview with him here:

http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=7559

Reading between the lines and having known him when he was younger, I have my own thoughts on why he left "pro" cycling after USPS, but I guess only he and those involved will know.

Great bloke when I knew him, a thoroughly nice guy. A talent, too - extremely talented climber yet could still take it to the best of them in the limited junior parcours we have in the UK and flat drag-strip TTs. That's part of our problem here - we don't have the parcours or the coaches don't have the expertise to recognise a rider who would do bloody well in the mountains. Would love to have a beer with him and reminisce about the junior days.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Good interview with him here:

http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=7559

Reading between the lines and having known him when he was younger, I have my own thoughts on why he left "pro" cycling after USPS, but I guess only he and those involved will know.

Great bloke when I knew him, a thoroughly nice guy. A talent, too - extremely talented climber yet could still take it to the best of them in the limited junior parcours we have in the UK and flat drag-strip TTs. That's part of our problem here - we don't have the parcours or the coaches don't have the expertise to recognise a rider who would do bloody well in the mountains. Would love to have a beer with him and reminisce about the junior days.

Thanks for that I'm glad to see he is doing ok.I thought of him the other day when someone mentioned the sky target of winning the tour with a British rider.Jamie had more GT potential than any of the current crop Brits.Actually he is still young enough to do job for them for a couple of years

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I have seen him at a few Gran Frondos. He is doing well at them, even won the Maratona. I hear he makes a good living racing once a week.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
seems like he is enjoying himself

Burrow_en_Valentina.jpg

Burrow_2009.jpg

Jamie Burrow was rated number one under-23 rider in the world, he turned pro for US Postal as a team mate of Lance Armstrong and despite some very promising rides in the pro ranks he never scaled the heights expected of him.

In recent years he re-invented himself as a top Gran Fondo rider and was about to launch a career in cyclo-cross when a bad crash put paid to that.

But he’s bouncing back again as an hotelier and took time out from renovating the property in Rimini to talk mountains with PEZ.

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=8811&status=True&catname=Latest News

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Jamie Burrow - 2014 Update

I found Jamie working out of PlanetX bikes in the UK in June 2014. He's doing some cool stuff. I don't know him personally but he seems to be a very cool cat! Planet X is a very cool shop. They are re-doing Holdsworth Bicycles. Check him out on FB!
pro-team-jerseys-365x365.png

TRENDING THREADS