• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What has happened to the forum????

Re: What has happwned to the forum????

A couple things

- why does it only show who made the last post in a board and not which thread it was in
- why are my friends gone :mad:
- where are the smilies
- why is everything so white
- where are all the posts of the past week (I assume they will come back again soon) --> actually they are there they just don't show up on the home page
- why do I have to click a link to go back to the thread I was viewing

- Why am I a Junior Member!!!!!!

Edit:
- can the text be bigger I can barely read the quotes :)

Wow this is bad. What's up with all that white? It was so nice before. Where is the quick-reply button? Where was the warning that you'd update the forum and change it? Why do we never ever get warned about such things. Where was the dialogue beforehand?

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

They did say in the development thread they were either going to

upgrade vB (which would have meant upgrading a version at a time)
or
moving to phpBB because its free the same as bikeradar use

LaFlorecita wrote:
> A couple things
>
> - why does it only show who made the last post in a board and not which thread it was
> in
> - why are my friends gone :mad:
> - where are the smilies
> - why is everything so white
> - where are all the posts of the past week (I assume they will come back again soon)
> --> actually they are there they just don't show up on the home page
> - why do I have to click a link to go back to the thread I was viewing
>
> - Why am I a Junior Member!!!!!!
>
> Edit:
> - can the text be bigger I can barely read the quotes :)

Quotes all messed up :S

I have smilies and BBcode enabled in my options but it says they are off

CN can now anticipate Full genius Sky Events and shut the forum down in anticipation of complete meltdowns. Next time I see the forum is down for maintenence I won't watch cycling

That and maybe the upgrade

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
But quick reply is back, and theyve turned BB code on, have some patience, sure they will turn all the rest of the things on in the settings as well.

How's your eyes?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Jesus, this new color scheme and fonts are terrible. You can tell it was updated (or rather downgraded) by somebody who does not use it at all.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Outbrain is back which is a positive start. Im sure they will change the font size and do all the other little tweeks, not the easiest thing moving a forum from one software to another

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
BTW when I go under Board preferences and Edit display options, I can't change it so I view more than 10 posts per page.

Yes, make sense. Less posts per page = more page views = more advertising money :(

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Can we all just leave and go somewhere where they care? This corporate "we don't give a %#%#" approach is pure sign of how they value their readers.

Re: Re:

TheGame said:
Netserk said:
BTW when I go under Board preferences and Edit display options, I can't change it so I view more than 10 posts per page.

they seem to have upped it to more now
Yeah, now it's 25, but it's still not changeable.

Other things on the to-do list:
Display signatures
Possibility to quote while using the quick-reply button
Images are currently clipped when too wide.

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
TheGame said:
Netserk said:

they seem to have upped it to more now
Yeah, now it's 25, but it's still not changeable.

Other things on the to-do list:
Display signatures
Possibility to quote while using the quick-reply button

I'd add:

Show which thread was posted in last by which member instead of just showing the name of the member and a time stamp.
Redirect to the thread after submitting a post.
Make background a little less empty and WHITE
Make text a little bigger